Kef cube 1

marc123

Established Member
Reaction score
I am running Kef 1005.2 speakers with the Kube 1 sub and was wondering what set up i should be running my sub at e.g what volume i should set on the sub ,what number the crossover should be set at and should i have the phase on 0 or 180 :confused: Thanks all.

Marc the kube 2 instruction manual advises users to set the volume and cross over to the maximum settings and then the amp will handle all this for you. Cant see the kube 1 being that much dif.

link for kube 1 manual below if you want to check.

http://www2.kef.com/resources/Current Products/Subwoofers/Kube/KUBE-1/_manuals/manual-en.pdf

as for the phase I would leave at zero and see if amp advises you its out of phase when you run the setup/calibration.

cheers i'll give it a go,Don't you think running the sub at full all the time will shorten it's life span.I'm new to this and i thought running everything at full all the time shortens the life on things or am i wrong.:confused:

like you fairly new to this so more than happy to be told wrong.

I think the amp controls the volume of the sub and the passover frequency. So its not per say ruinning at full as most of the time its being throtled down by the amp. Also the sub automatically goes to sleep when not required ie not being sent a signal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom