Kane and Lynch 2:Dog Days - Play & Help thread

finished the campaign today, apart from the rubbish cover system, the crackshot enemies and the odd freezing issue it was quite enjoyable even though it was really short.

ending was awful though.

What do you think of the graphics filtering?
The look of the game replicates it's being filmed by a cameraman using an old low tech camcorder and the footage then shown on a 'Cops' type TV show. Lots of lens flare, sensor bloom, over-exposure and then pixelating the best of the gore. It looks very clever, but adds as much to the gameplay as it takes away, I'm 50/50 whether I like it or not.
What do others think?

Simon

What do you think of the graphics filtering?
The look of the game replicates it's being filmed by a cameraman using an old low tech camcorder and the footage then shown on a 'Cops' type TV show. Lots of lens flare, sensor bloom, over-exposure and then pixelating the best of the gore. It looks very clever, but adds as much to the gameplay as it takes away, I'm 50/50 whether I like it or not.
What do others think?

Simon

thought my game was knackered when i had vertical purple lines on screen, it's a good idea but i had to turn on the steadycam because it was making me ill swaying about all the time.

got to level 10 in arcade mode last night and it was really hard because all my team got nailed at the start by one policeman so i had to go slow.

@ Jason: Are you up for doing some Co-Op on Monday or Tuesday.

christ the enemy players are really unforgiving and im playing it on easy, don't fancy my chances on extreme. :eek:

finished the campaign today, apart from the rubbish cover system, the crackshot enemies and the odd freezing issue it was quite enjoyable even though it was really short.

ending was awful though.

Wow, only four hours between those comments and it sounds from the first one that you'd only just started playing it. Is it really only something like a 4 hours(or less) campaign?:rolleyes:

@ Jason: Are you up for doing some Co-Op on Monday or Tuesday.

im supposed to be doing the co-op with crovon but he hasn't got his copy yet, if u have no-one to help u then i can help.

Wow, only four hours between those comments and it sounds from the first one that you'd only just started playing it. Is it really only something like a 4 hours(or less) campaign?:rolleyes:

yes, shame as it's quite good, extreme will probably take longer as u would get nailed quite a bit, the mp could have been really good but again ranked games means u have to play randoms and they just don't play fair.

JPG rinsing cheevos like a mother funster

JPG rinsing cheevos like a mother funster

yes sir.

won't have this for much longer as people quit as host a lot now, plus people have learnt the crab walk glitch from gow, and also the game has constant freezing issues in single player.

Jason would you be up for doing the Co-Op on extreme. :eek: Seeing how we could get that achievement out of the way.

Jason would you be up for doing the Co-Op on extreme. :eek: Seeing how we could get that achievement out of the way.

we can give it a go, but i must warn u that u die a lot, i tried the 1st level and got killed at least 30 times, it may be easier with 2 as u can be revived but u can't get revived in solo play.

the cheevos for co-op are glitchy too as some people say they are not getting them because the chapters are not showing up that they have done them on extreme, some have had to re-do chapters.

i still have the game so we can have a go if u want.

I am free now, until 8pm or 8:30pm.

My console has been crashing a bit on another game, so we will have to see if I have any problems on the co-Op session.

That went well didn't it. :eek:

until they patch it, it will always be bad, i still got the freezing issues too during the co-op but i never had it during mp games so it must be the game itself rather than my console.

But didn't you get any crashes during single player, because the game didn't crash in single player at all.

But didn't you get any crashes during single player, because the game didn't crash in single player at all.

that's what i meant, both sngle player and co-op had freezing moments when i fired a gun it froze then carried on, did this on my single player and then the co-op game with u, but it never once happened in mp so it must be something in the single and co-op campaign which is freezing.

@did u try online mp to see if u still got the disconnects? im still undecided whether to send this back because im renting it, i may just get it back at a later date when they have patched the game properly, looking about i can't find any date as to when they will patch it.

I know it is not the game for me, because before my console started to crash again the other multiplayer modes didn't crash for me. However I think the game isn't liking internet connections on the other hand, which is why it disconnected for us.

love this game i bought the xbox 360 version took it back straight away after playing the demo for the pc the graphics are soo much better and smoother ,but to be fair to the xbox my pc did cost me over £1000 without the samsung hd crt, i must say ive been really disapointed with the xbox 360 ,the graphics look like ps2 (and the ps2 looks like a snes lol)love the "c.o.p.s" style tv filter it does make you feel a bit motion sickky but the story is so gripping ,native xbox360 controls which is good but i like to use the keyboard and mouse for online battles so much more accurate you can tell the pad players the movement is slow and robotic ,not played much of the story but if its twice as long as k&l1 then it will be too short but very sweet
to sum it up as a game in whole(all platforms) its a bloody, violent, exciting and immersive story
graphics id give the xbox 6-10 only cos the pc version with no framerate restrictions, better resolution and brighter colours gets a 9-10 the pc version lost 1 pont cos the lips dont move very much when they talk
well worth the buy if people still play online ,thats what killed the last 1 for playablility no 1 online ,same as lost plannet great online games but no 1 there

I know it is not the game for me, because before my console started to crash again the other multiplayer modes didn't crash for me. However I think the game isn't liking internet connections on the other hand, which is why it disconnected for us.

im going to send it back for now and then rent it again later once it's patched, there is no date set so they make take ages to patch it.

I may get my copy then, once you return yours, bloody lovefilm, its still sat there saying long wait... :rolleyes:

I may get my copy then, once you return yours, bloody lovefilm, its still sat there saying long wait... :rolleyes:

won't be mine as i still have it. :laugh:

tried the freeway level (2nd chapter) on extreme solo and got through it, still having the freezing issues though, don't understand why it's doing it only on the single or co-op though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom