Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kane and Lynch 2:Dog Days - Play & Help thread

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 First & Third Person Shooters' started by jason g, Aug 18, 2010.

1. jason g

jason g Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,395
    this is waiting to be dispatched on my lovefilm list so i will open this thread now for people to discuss the gameplay here.

:)
  2. jason g

Ratings:
    +2,395
    christ the enemy players are really unforgiving and im playing it on easy, don't fancy my chances on extreme. :eek:
  3. jason g

Ratings:
    +2,395
    finished the campaign today, apart from the rubbish cover system, the crackshot enemies and the odd freezing issue it was quite enjoyable even though it was really short.

ending was awful though.
  4. Simon Coates

Simon Coates Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    What do you think of the graphics filtering?
    The look of the game replicates it's being filmed by a cameraman using an old low tech camcorder and the footage then shown on a 'Cops' type TV show. Lots of lens flare, sensor bloom, over-exposure and then pixelating the best of the gore. It looks very clever, but adds as much to the gameplay as it takes away, I'm 50/50 whether I like it or not.
    What do others think?

Simon
  5. jason g

Ratings:
    +2,395
    thought my game was knackered when i had vertical purple lines on screen, it's a good idea but i had to turn on the steadycam because it was making me ill swaying about all the time.

got to level 10 in arcade mode last night and it was really hard because all my team got nailed at the start by one policeman so i had to go slow.
  6. Pebb

Pebb Active Member

Ratings:
    +763
    @ Jason: Are you up for doing some Co-Op on Monday or Tuesday.
  7. Tetlee

Tetlee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,838
    Wow, only four hours between those comments and it sounds from the first one that you'd only just started playing it. Is it really only something like a 4 hours(or less) campaign?:rolleyes:
  8. jason g

Ratings:
    +2,395
    im supposed to be doing the co-op with crovon but he hasn't got his copy yet, if u have no-one to help u then i can help.

yes, shame as it's quite good, extreme will probably take longer as u would get nailed quite a bit, the mp could have been really good but again ranked games means u have to play randoms and they just don't play fair.
  9. dazza1011

dazza1011 Active Member

Ratings:
    +540
    JPG rinsing cheevos like a mother funster
  10. jason g

Ratings:
    +2,395
    yes sir.

won't have this for much longer as people quit as host a lot now, plus people have learnt the crab walk glitch from gow, and also the game has constant freezing issues in single player.
  11. Pebb

Pebb Active Member

Ratings:
    +763
    Jason would you be up for doing the Co-Op on extreme. :eek: Seeing how we could get that achievement out of the way.
  12. jason g

Ratings:
    +2,395
    we can give it a go, but i must warn u that u die a lot, i tried the 1st level and got killed at least 30 times, it may be easier with 2 as u can be revived but u can't get revived in solo play.

the cheevos for co-op are glitchy too as some people say they are not getting them because the chapters are not showing up that they have done them on extreme, some have had to re-do chapters.

i still have the game so we can have a go if u want.
  13. Pebb

Pebb Active Member

Ratings:
    +763
    I am free now, until 8pm or 8:30pm.
  14. jason g

Ratings:
    +2,395
    footys on m8, free tomorrow though.
  15. Pebb

Pebb Active Member

Ratings:
    +763
    My console has been crashing a bit on another game, so we will have to see if I have any problems on the co-Op session.
  16. jason g

Ratings:
    +2,395
    i'll be on at about 5pm.
  17. Pebb

Pebb Active Member

Ratings:
    +763
    That went well didn't it. :eek:
  18. jason g

Ratings:
    +2,395
    until they patch it, it will always be bad, i still got the freezing issues too during the co-op but i never had it during mp games so it must be the game itself rather than my console.
  19. Pebb

Pebb Active Member

Ratings:
    +763
    But didn't you get any crashes during single player, because the game didn't crash in single player at all.
  20. jason g

Ratings:
    +2,395
    that's what i meant, both sngle player and co-op had freezing moments when i fired a gun it froze then carried on, did this on my single player and then the co-op game with u, but it never once happened in mp so it must be something in the single and co-op campaign which is freezing.

@did u try online mp to see if u still got the disconnects? im still undecided whether to send this back because im renting it, i may just get it back at a later date when they have patched the game properly, looking about i can't find any date as to when they will patch it.
  21. Pebb

Pebb Active Member

Ratings:
    +763
    I know it is not the game for me, because before my console started to crash again the other multiplayer modes didn't crash for me. However I think the game isn't liking internet connections on the other hand, which is why it disconnected for us.
  22. 13ruce

13ruce Member

Ratings:
    +0
    love this game i bought the xbox 360 version took it back straight away after playing the demo for the pc the graphics are soo much better and smoother ,but to be fair to the xbox my pc did cost me over £1000 without the samsung hd crt, i must say ive been really disapointed with the xbox 360 ,the graphics look like ps2 (and the ps2 looks like a snes lol)love the "c.o.p.s" style tv filter it does make you feel a bit motion sickky but the story is so gripping ,native xbox360 controls which is good but i like to use the keyboard and mouse for online battles so much more accurate you can tell the pad players the movement is slow and robotic ,not played much of the story but if its twice as long as k&l1 then it will be too short but very sweet
    to sum it up as a game in whole(all platforms) its a bloody, violent, exciting and immersive story
    graphics id give the xbox 6-10 only cos the pc version with no framerate restrictions, better resolution and brighter colours gets a 9-10 the pc version lost 1 pont cos the lips dont move very much when they talk
    well worth the buy if people still play online ,thats what killed the last 1 for playablility no 1 online ,same as lost plannet great online games but no 1 there
  23. jason g

Ratings:
    +2,395
    im going to send it back for now and then rent it again later once it's patched, there is no date set so they make take ages to patch it.
  24. Crovon

Crovon Active Member

Ratings:
    +683
    I may get my copy then, once you return yours, bloody lovefilm, its still sat there saying long wait... :rolleyes:
  25. jason g

Ratings:
    +2,395
    won't be mine as i still have it. :laugh:

tried the freeway level (2nd chapter) on extreme solo and got through it, still having the freezing issues though, don't understand why it's doing it only on the single or co-op though.
  26. Wad2002

Wad2002 Member

Ratings:
    +62
    Got the lynch's birds flat level. Not had any freezing yet. Really like the game play and cut scene grpahics.

Online is good, however, can take a while to get into a game. Hope there is a few bug fixes in the pipeline!
  27. Pebb

Pebb Active Member

Ratings:
    +763
    I am looking to sell Kane and Lynch 2 at the weekend or early next week.
  28. thefamoushoops

thefamoushoops Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Picked this up from Tesco for £ 21.00 yesterday.

Finished it tonight and I enjoyed it, wee bit short though.
  29. jason g

Ratings:
    +2,395
    try it on extreme, it will soon take longer. :laugh:
  30. Mr Noble

Mr Noble Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,518
    Only takes an extra hour :)

The hardest part i found was in the Mall in the fast food shop :smashin: