Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc lt-32de9bj

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by webbonline, May 14, 2009.

1. webbonline

webbonline Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone i recently bought a JVC LT-32DE9BJ which so far has been great piece of kit " with internal freeview and harddrive " problems arose how ever when i tried to hook it up to my philips avr model fr984/00s as far as i can tell all my hdmi connectors on the tv are IN connectors only, the only OUT is an optical OUT which i eventually got the sound to go throught my surround sound by asigning optical sound in one of the menus however im unable to pass a tv signal through the av as i have know tv OUT ............ i woz contemplating upgrading my av to a Sony STR-DG910 as this is hdmi but would i still be with same problem does the signal only go one way in a hdmi cable ??? any help would be greatly excepted
  2. BigCam

BigCam Member

Ratings:
    +82
    Hi:hiya:
    Simple answer is Yes
    HDMI as yet is either in or out
    So upgrading to the the Sony wouldnt benefit you
    regarding that
    Is the optical out on the TV ?
    I have my Samsung 32" TV hooked up via optical out to my Sony AV amp and get TV, PVR and Media PC sound through amp
    Albeit only in Digital Stereo, to get surround have to switch amp to Prologic II for that
    Its possible that you may have to disable Internal sound on your TV to activate external sound
    Check in the TV menu options
    BigCam
  3. webbonline

webbonline Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hi bigcam thanks for the reply that more or less what i did do i don't have a problem getting sound through my amp and yes i did it by means of the optical OUT on my TV my problem is i cant get a TV signal (picture) from my tv to the amp so will be stuck with the digital picture i got and not one thats been enhanced by the av

Webb
  4. BigCam

BigCam Member

Ratings:
    +82
    Hi :hiya:
    Sorry misread your thread, thought it was TV sound signal you were missing
    You want to Upscale TV picture
    Option is to buy a freeview box with HDMI upscaling built in
    Looking at your TV's spec it doesnt mention if you can record a i Freeview programme while watching another
    So that may be an option for you
    BigCam
  5. webbonline

webbonline Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i look into that thanks but i bet any free view box with hdmi will be well expensive, my tv will only record from the built in free view and not from any of the aux or inputs which is a bit naff, but yes i could theoretically watch an input from a second free view and record the same program, i would loose the advantage of been able to pause live tv tho, unless the second free view also had a hard drive more expense lol and makes having my inbuilt hard drive pretty useless maybe i should get sky