Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc dla hd1

Discussion in 'Projectors' started by warner7, Dec 10, 2012.

1. warner7

warner7 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi can anyone offer any advice , i have a JVC DLA HD1 projector which i have owned from new and is now about 4 years old , i have recently noticed a slight purple discouloring at the top left of the screen , paticularly in dark shots , any ideas as to the cause and how it could be rectified ....cheers brian
  2. warner7

warner7 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    sorry but that should have been ,what can cause a purple stain on left side of screen from my JVC DLA-HD350 projector...cheers brian
  3. Tight Git

Tight Git Active Member

Ratings:
    +605
    Since the title is completely wrong, you might get a better response from one of the HD350 experts (Kelvin?) if you ask a mod to close this thread and then post afresh.
  4. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,733
    This sounds like the 'pink stripe' issue that a few HD350 owners have had problems with. It needs to be fixed under warranty as otherwise it is an uneconomical repair. If it is only a narrow stripe, then you could set the 2.5% masking on the JVC menu and zoom the image a little larger to fill the screen. It doesn't fix it, but you might not be able to see the stripe anymore. :(
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. warner7

warner7 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    thanks for that , its out of warranty so looks like im stuck with it ...the stripe isnt too big so may be able to live with it for now , dso you know if it'll get worse over time or stay about the same ....cheers , brian
  6. Tight Git

Tight Git Active Member

Ratings:
    +605
    Thanks Kelvin, I would have suggested the dreaded pink stripe myself, but OP originally said it was top left only, so thought it better to wait for your expertise. :smashin:
  7. KelvinS1965

Ratings:
    +2,733
    Well to be fair I think it sounds like the pink stripe, but it could be something else, though if it's only in one corner, perhaps it just hasn't spread down the full side yet? It's something to do with the glue they used on the optical block, so the worry is that they will all succumb to this eventually, one of the reasons why I haven't advertised my HD350 yet in fact. While it would be 'sold as seen' I don't fancy the hassle if it fails in 6 months time...
  8. Tight Git

Tight Git Active Member

Ratings:
    +605
    Thanks, that's the first time I've seen an explanation for the phenomenon.

Have you heard any news about a possible repair with new optical blocks being shipped from Japan?
  9. KelvinS1965

Ratings:
    +2,733
    Not heard anything myself, but mine is out of warranty, so not much point looking for a repair as it would cost more than it's worth (around £600?). Not that mine has developed this issue, just that so many seem to have done now I'd be concerned about selling it and then the fault occurring. Some private buyers have unreasonable expectations about 'warranty' so I'd rather it didn't come back and bite me (plus it's handy as a spare).
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. warner7

warner7 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    been on to a firm called suntek who say they may be able to adjust it out for a couple of hundred quid so think i'll give that a go
  11. Tight Git

Tight Git Active Member

Ratings:
    +605
    It's actually Sontec and they are the official JVC repairers for the UK.

But have you tried the masking adjustment suggested by Kelvin?

It might not be perfect, but you'll save £200. :smashin:
  12. warner7

warner7 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    yep tried masking , didnt cure problem will see how repair goes