Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got the game. Is it worth downloading any dlc

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Games Forum' started by Discombobulate, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Discombobulate

Discombobulate Active Member

Ratings:
    +565
    Just got the game. Notice some DLC is on sale.

Is any of it worth downloading?

There seem a truck load of cars in the game. I'm guessing some of the DLC packs include courses as well.
  2. DeltaAlphaEcho

DeltaAlphaEcho Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Only cars in dlc. No new tracks. As for if you should download them, that's upto you, I've got most of the dlc. Some on here have the season pass so have all. Some have, only one pack or so, some have none.
    General feelings have been that the dlc has been disappointing.
  3. DR Kronenbourg

DR Kronenbourg Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,861
    You can also just buy the cars you like individually.
  4. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,695
    Only you can decide that. The good news is that the older DLC packs have had a price drop.

If you want my opinion - is it worth downloading? No. The car packs have been a little disappointing. You've got enough great cars on the disc and I don't think the DLC adds much.

This game needs new tracks more than anything and there is nothing on the horizon as far as this is concerned.

Most you can but not all. The most desirable cars have to bought as part of the pack. :rolleyes:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. nick501

nick501 Active Member

Ratings:
    +781
    I say not worth it.

I wish id've saved my points for the Porsche pack in may instead of getting the season pass but not even sure i'll be getting that straight away.

I'll wait and see what they do with the rivals mode first. If there's only a couple of additions i wont bother.
  6. Kinetic Frenzy

Kinetic Frenzy Active Member

Ratings:
    +458
    I'd say not too:

The car roster that the game shipped with is already numerous and varied. I highly doubt there is anyone who has driven all the cars in the game more than once in fact there will be barely anyone who has driven half the cars in the game at least once... and then that's without looking to mod them or tune them etc.

So in essence unless you absolutely adore a specific car that is only available as DLC i wouldn't bother wasting my money. Besides they offer one *free* car in every pack :D

Now if they were to offer new tracks as DLC that would be a different matter. This is an area where the game could be said to be lacking and where DLC would genuinely offer something to the experience as a whole, rather than doing the norm and being a *lazy* developer and fleecing folk for easy money rather than trying to continue to offer the best experience possible - that's what gets people parting with LOTS of cash.

A bit like if you will a FPS with DLC guns - no need, the ones supplied are always going to do the job. However new maps add something new - a new experience for you to fire all your old guns on :laugh:
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  7. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,695
    I think you're spot on here, KF. :thumbsup:

Reading around forums there has been a fair of criticism of Turn 10 regarding tracks. Many have said they have been a bit lazy in this area of the game, and routinely neglect what the fans have asked for. And I totally agree.

Although I think Forza 4 has a pretty decent track list, the problem is it has not changed a great deal since Forza 2, and perhaps the game feels too familiar. They've added some great circuits these last few years such as Catalunya, Silverstone, Nurburgring GP and Road America, but some of the tracks are the same ones you see again and again in racing games (Tsukuba, Suzuka, Laguna Seca etc...).

Forza 4's new tracks were a little underwhelming. Hockenheim and Infineon are excellent and very much welcome, but Indianapolis is a dull track that nobody asked for, and Turn 10's version of it is poor. The Top Gear test track is not really a worthy addition in my opinion. I never want to race there anyway. And Bernese Alps is visually stunning but it's got that arcadey feel about it and therefore it's not somewhere I spend much time.

If Turn 10 read the forums they'd see that fans are itching for new tracks. Spa Francorchamps and Bathurst are on nearly everyone's wishlists so why didn't they go out and scan them?

Like you said, they take the easy option with car packs, which are cheaper and easier to do, and always sell. Apparently the last track DLC (Nurb GP) didn't sell very well, but that was always going to happen when it wasn't integrated into career mode with new special events for it. The only way you could race it was by yourself in practice or online.

So many great tracks out there around the world but Turn 10 cant be bothered. :mad:
  8. Discombobulate

Discombobulate Active Member

Ratings:
    +565
    Thanks for all the replies. Think I'll give the DLC a miss.