Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just got cod4...

Discussion in 'PS3 Call of Duty (COD) Forum' started by ukdy, Jan 31, 2008.

1. ukdy

ukdy Member

Ratings:
    +33
    i just moved from the xbox to ps3 and got cod4 yesterday...

i was on rank 15 on the xbox so i've got to build my rank up again... it was a little difficult with the trigger and grenade buttons swapped around...

..until i switched to controller layout to "default switched"
  2. iddqd

iddqd Member

Ratings:
    +179
    I'm thinking of getting it again, I sold it as soon as I beat the single player, and although I didn't play much of the multiplayer, I recently fancied playing it again!
  3. andyr300

andyr300 Member

Ratings:
    +102
    multiplayers is awesome.
  4. SteveG

SteveG Member

Ratings:
    +89
    I don't rate the single player much at all. I've owned the game for 2 months and I'm only on the 'War pig' level which isn't even halfway through. Multiplayer is a different story - can't put it down!
  5. andyr300

andyr300 Member

Ratings:
    +102
    single player a tad short i though!
  6. hondavee4

hondavee4 Member

Ratings:
    +70
    just got it the other day, totally blown away with the graphics and the gameplay, havnt played it much online yet but i will do

awsome:D
  7. tigandken

tigandken Member

Ratings:
    +22
    If I get this and go on line now, is my a$$ going to be platter-bound?
  8. m4rkie23

m4rkie23 Member

Ratings:
    +193
    Depends how long youve been playing it singleplayer...but yeah more than likely.
    Its the only way you can properly learn the maps tho tbh!
    You can play them in a private game and run around like a lemon, but you dont reali learn where enemies can see you from when ur in certain positions (which you learn VERY quickly thanks to the kill cam)
    by about level 15-20 you'll feel much better at it tho!!

Good luck :thumbsup:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. tigandken

tigandken Member

Ratings:
    +22
    So it is possible to learn?
    I'm not afraid to take the early deaths, but in the past found the last gen Rainbow 6 / Ghost Recon games impenetrable, difficult to learn, and full of spawn killing, as opposed to something like Day of Defeat on PC where it was possible to learn, and in the early days I could even get enjoyment just from staying alive a bit longer than the last time.

Don't think it'll stop me getting the game - I just don't want to be disappointed!
  10. m4rkie23

m4rkie23 Member

Ratings:
    +193
    i cant remember anybody that i have spoken to who didnt enjoy COD4.
    All platforms, and all ages. it is fantastic!!!!!!!

I used to play CS alot and was worried that the switch over to a controller would be difficult (with the aiming etc) but after completing the game in single player it didnt seem that bad.

I didnt play multiplayer until i had completed the single player, and im glad i did it this way (cuz i dont think i would of ever completed it otherwise) :D

If u have experience playing other FPS (which it sounds like you have) your not a complete noob (aint said for a while lol) so the main thing erali is learning the maps. There is only about 12 or so, ranging from all different sizes.

You might wanna do a search and see if there is a discussion on different maps and there pros and cons? dont know if this exists.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. hondavee4

hondavee4 Member

Ratings:
    +70
    hey m4rkie23, i am just down the road from you, ill look out for you when i start playing online:thumbsup:
  12. jabberwocky-

jabberwocky- Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah i'm like that with most FPS games, dont really care at all for the single player - playing against AI just doesnt cut it for me, i get bored after 5mins lol. Online or nothing for me :)
  13. tigandken

tigandken Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Got this yesterday, did the first SP mission, then 3 hours straight online. Kill:Death ratio was about 1:2, and it was slightly frustrating playing against people with better guns, but was often scoring better than people at 40-50th level. Then went into flag games and got a bit of a pasting.

This game utterly rocks.
  14. m4rkie23

m4rkie23 Member

Ratings:
    +193
    glad you like it !!! :smashin: if u fancy a game, let me kno!
  15. ukdy

ukdy Member

Ratings:
    +33
    so i've just completed the single player game (on my xbox360) and now i'm going to do the same on my PS3. the only reason for doing so was to get all the achievements for when my xbox live gold membership ends on the 20th feb.

i was always a fan of cod3 but cod4 is an awesome game.. it has won me over. cod3 is still special but cod4 is something else!