Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jkno's collection - from Transylvania

Discussion in 'Collectible Figures' started by jkno4u, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Jessica

Jessica Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Fantastic collection! I'm not a Star Wars fan but it's still awesome and that life size Storm Trooper armour = WOW!

I'm still waiting to move house before I can display my collection, can't wait!

Again brilliant collection :)
  2. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Thanks. All SDs helmets and armors are life-size and thus wearable. There are 501st members using SDS lids and armors :)

Thank you for the kind words Jessica! :hiya:
  3. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    AT-AT Driver helmet in the real movie gray color as per StarWarsHelmets Original AT-AT Helmet Review. It is a a superb helmet, really heavy and sturdy. It feels like a real AT-AT Driver helmet should. One of my favorite SW helmets, these pics simply don't do it justice.

It has some very sharp details compared for example with Laws AT-AT which is softer. I have TK-4510 decals on it plus some original greeblies like BOC syphons. It also has Elvistrooper metal greeblies. I still need to upgrade some of the existing greeblies like the clock parts on the forehead, the 2 black squares next to the eyes and the colored buttons on top.

As Jez said this is not sure to be made by eFX since the only original remaining one is in private hands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    ROTJ Royal Guard 1:1 helmet:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Viperj2k

Viperj2k Member

Ratings:
    +127
    Nice! have you ever tried them on?
  6. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Thanks. I've tried almost all of them for a second or so. But since I wear glasses you cannot fit them with glasses on. So a few seconds it is the most. :laugh:
  7. Mr Quint

Mr Quint Active Member

Ratings:
    +639
    Love that AT-AT Driver helmet, wonderful mate, well done.
  8. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Thank you MQ! :)
  9. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Finally my AT-AT Driver helmet is finished. I got all the missing greeblies, including original side holders. Maybe in the future if more parts are discovered what they really are I'll upgrade it further. Until then I'm really happy how this turned out, being one of the coolest SW helmets and one of my favs.

[​IMG]
  10. Viperj2k

Viperj2k Member

Ratings:
    +127
    sure is, looks ace :thumbsup:

are you working on any other helmets?, you must nearly have them all.
  11. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70

Thanks Viper! I have a few more that I'm waiting to arrive sooner or later. :hiya:
  12. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    The most beautiful and screen accurate Stormtrooper stunt helmet just arrived - SiMan RS Prop Masters:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The story of the original prop on RPF: http://www.therpf.com/f45/original-1977-anh-stormtrooper-armor-helmet-95954/index25.html#post1683204

My first SiMan helmet was lost in the mail, Royal Mail sent it elsewhere (Burkina Faso or Tataouine Tunisia maybe LOL), and on their tracking site it says it is returning to sender. But RS Prop Masters didn't wait and sent me a replacement which arrived fast, well packed and in perfect shape. The most accurate Stormtrooper helmet is here! And it is SUPERB too. :)
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  13. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
  14. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    My second AT-AT Driver helmet made by the well known prop master DarkAgent (DA) who also provides buckets for 501st:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a comparison with my older fiberglass AT-AT Driver helmet:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    A preview of my updated display, still there are some changes that will be made very soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The SDS TIE Fighter Pilot bust is not showing in these pics since I need to make a cabinet for it and for the eFX TIE Fighter too. There are a few more helmets coming and the next set of pics will be only when all of them have arrived and when the TIE cabinet is ready.
  16. Viperj2k

Viperj2k Member

Ratings:
    +127
    The best use of lighting I've seen in a collection, your buckets look great displayed on top of the cabinets too, very tidy...the Emperor will be pleased with your progress :thumbsup:
  17. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Thanks a lot Viper! :hiya: Hopefully the Emperor will join my collection some day.:)
  18. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Kropserkel Scout Trooper helmet, a very cool bucket 501st approved - ordered loooong ago, only yesterday arrived:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    MonCal AT-ST Driver helmet, the pics do it no justice, it is a superb and quite rare collectible:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Screenshot with AT-ST Drivers from ROTJ:

[​IMG]
  20. Viperj2k

Viperj2k Member

Ratings:
    +127
    loving the Kropserkel Scout Trooper helmet, was always my fave trooper :smashin:
  21. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Thanks Viper.:hiya: It is indeed a cool helmet and it is approved by 501st.

Since I took the pics without the mannequin head, here are some shots that will show how this helmet really fits:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  22. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Very accurate C-1 Imperial comlink with hovi-mix PA2 tip (the same with the original Stormtrooper helmet dual microphones/aerators) and accurate finned body. Much better than my old version with rubber O-rings, which I'm still keeping for my 1:1 Stormie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  23. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Cast from Original (CfO) ROTJ Stormtrooper helmet with screen accurate decals and inner padding - it is also one of the last from the series since Joe R., the owner of the ROTJ screen used bucket, sold the molds:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  24. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    MonCal Snowtrooper helmet, one of the last I wanted for my collection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  25. inzaman

inzaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +765
    That Snow Helmet looks great, is the front quite flexible or sturdy?
  26. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70

Thanks inzaman :hiya:. The front is flexible as it was on the screen used helmets. Only the Snowtrooper Commander has solid faceplate. But that one I'll get in the future.
  27. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    My collection for 2011 - youtube video:

The TIE Fighter Pilot armor/bust that is now on that chair will be displayed in a special custom made cabinet/curio, which will be in the same spot when ready. It will be displayed together with the eFX TIE Fighter studio scale, but I'm waiting for approximate dimensions of the eFX TIE Fighter, to be sure the cabinet will be made properly.

For those asking about the helmets here they are: the life-size Stormtrooper has the SDS Hero helmet on. As you enter the main collection room in the left there are the following helmets: SDS Navy Trooper helmet (aka Death Star Trooper), SDS Imperial Gunner, Royal Guard, 2 AT-AT Driver helmets (both in gray color as the originals were - see StarWarsHelmets site - the first one I got from PRF, the second is made by DarkAgent) and finally FarAwayCreations AT-ST Driver helmet (very similar to General Veers' Hoth helmet he had on the AT-AT).

On the right side of the room there are the following helmets: as you enter the room there is a TE2 Sandtrooper lid made by the talented Madrid Boba from RPF, then it follows the SDS Stormtrooper Stunt, TE2 Stormtrooper, SiMan Stormie, ESB ATA Stormtrooper helmet and the last of the TK's is CfO (Cast from Original) ROTJ bucket. Then there is the Kropserkel Scout helmet and the FarAwayCreations Snowtrooper. As you can see, in a way, I had the left part of the room dedicated to officers and special ops, and the right side to the white regular troops/grunts.

There are a few other items that are on pre-order and which didn't arrive yet. When they do there will be a new video, since there will be a couple changes on some of the shelves. Until then please enjoy this video. Thanks
  28. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    A few shots of my displayed collection, for those not interested in watching the youtube video:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  29. Viperj2k

Viperj2k Member

Ratings:
    +127
    Thats a smart display, everything fits in nicely :), are they adjustable shelves?
  30. jkno4u

jkno4u Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Thanks Viper. The shelves are adjustable indeed.