1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese PS2 Games with English Language Support.

Discussion in 'PS2 Games' started by frazzl, May 27, 2007.

1. frazzl

frazzl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Given the latest firmware update for the PS3 has enabled upscaling of PS2 (and PS1) titles to HD resolutions, there is now real incentive to play these games on a PS3. I have an Asian PS3 which unfortunately only plays NTSC/J PS2 games, so I am trying to compile a list of NTSC/J PS2 titles (Japanese, Asian and Korean) that do support English in one form or another. I have spent the last couple of hours on the web looking for such a list, but none seems to exist :( . A resource like this would be a valuable one for the many importers out there so if anyone knows any NTSC/J titles that do support English, could you please list them here. I'll start the list of with several titles that do fit this criteria.

NTSC/J PS2 Titles with English Support
    1. Silent Hill 2
    2. Silent Hill 3
    3. Silent Hill 4
    4. Ace Combat 4 (Text and Voice)
    5. Devil May Cry (Voice and menus only)
    6. Fatal Fury Collection vol. 1
    7. Fatal Fury Collection vol. 2
    8. Final Fantasy X International
    9. Final Fantasy X-2 International (Voice only)
    10. God Of War (Korean NTSC/J version has English voice and Korean subs)
    11. Burnout Dominator
    12. Resident Evil 4 (There is an Asian NTSC/J English version of the game)
    13. Shadow of the Colossus (Chinese NTSC/J version supports English text with Japanese vocals)
    14. Tekken 5 (Chinese NTSC/J version supports English)
    15. Soul Calibur 3 (Chinese NTSC/J version supports English)
    16. Okami (Korean NTSC/J version supports English. Note that there is also a Korean NTSC/J Japanese language version!)
    17. Odin Sphere (Korean NTSC/J version supports English and Japanese vocals with English subtitles)
  2. cinema_revival

cinema_revival Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I own a NTSC/J PS Two.:hiya:

Two versions of Okami were released for Korea - one Japanese language the other English which is the one I bought.

God Of War 1 - Korean version as the English language soundtrack with Korean subtitles. Japanese GOW is dubbed into Japanese.( I understand )

Burnout Dominator - Asia version is all English. ( Just wish I could get the progressive scan mode to work ) Japanese version is not yet available.

Resident Evil 4 - Asia release available in English version.

Shadow of the Collossus - China release is available in a English version.

Tekken 5 - China release is available in a English version.

Soul Calibur 3 - China release is available in a English version.

Theres proberly alot more English language NTSC/J games out there these are just the ones I have bought.

All the above have been stocked by PlayAsia over time. Some titles are now out of print and unavailable.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. frazzl

frazzl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply Cinema_Revival :smashin:. I have updated the list accordingly. Anyone else out there with more info? I am especially interested in the Korean version of Rogue Galaxy. From the screenshots shown at the Play-Asia site the game appears to contain English text only. Can anyone else confirm this?