1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IW's Flawed Logic behind Shotguns

Discussion in 'Call of Duty (COD) PS3' started by AnthonyG, Dec 19, 2011.

1. StevePSIV

StevePSIV Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,093
    You guys were raping, even with the shotguns! Was quite funny/frustrating with the amount of clans that rage quit out of the games.

Think I'll get onto the shotguns next once I've finished with the P90/AK47.
  2. Tall_Paul

Tall_Paul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,154
    Best one to try first to ease you into it is the striker, its the best one but it'll still be a grind.
    Be prepared for your KD to get a right stuffing too :rotfl:
  3. BaldyBonito

BaldyBonito Member

Ratings:
    +128
    I think I'll need to swap to the striker as the USAS is just garbage, 3 hits on most people from point blank range to put them down. Level 10 in it and I just can't be arsed getting pounded so much using it now lol. Any 1v1's slightly further than point blank range away = your dead.
  4. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Yes but just think how fun it will be when you hit 28 and its mostly one hit kills. And its range is massive. And you run faster and further with it.
  5. Tall_Paul

Ratings:
    +2,154
    Oh it's worth it, once you get range/damage and ext mags you can pull of some brilliant shots, even I've gone "what the!!!" when i've shot at someone and expecting to get a hitmarker, instead I put them down in one shot :rotfl:

Was just looking though my vault now and I had a game on underground where I go on a 9 kill streak at the start of the game with the USAS, plus a cheeky semtex at the end before I'm finally put down :D wanted to upload it but its about 1 min long :(

You've just got to choose the right maps, and alter your playstyle, mission/underground/bootleg/arkaden are the best shotty maps I think. Try the silencer too, as much as it sounds bad, it helps as when you're behind a couple of enemies (havning flanked like a pro :D) you can get 2/3 shots into a guy without him knowing what's happening, whereas unsilenced they just turn around and kill you :suicide::laugh:
  6. BaldyBonito

BaldyBonito Member

Ratings:
    +128
    I just struggle to enjoy it just now though lol. I was an absolute spas fiend in mw2. Never really used shotties since then and I guess I'm struggling with the 2-3 shots to down them in 1v1's. I will persist though I think. Almost gold type 95 then I think I'll do the L118 sniper gold then perhaps go back to the shotties.

What I will say though, the distance you run with ex cond and the usas is hillarious. Dom on village, spawn at A at start. I surprise them at C right at the start every time, 2 easy kills atleast and then cap C. Happy days.
  7. steviegall

steviegall Member

Ratings:
    +352
    and the 1887 is now my first gold gun of 10th prestige:D
  8. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Then you definitely and deservedly have the accolade of AVF's MW3 master. I doubt anyone would disagree once they try that gun out.

That gun is a nightmare. And to get it sans double weapons XP adds major to that too.
  9. steviegall

steviegall Member

Ratings:
    +352
    well i aint using it again put it that way
  10. Tall_Paul

Ratings:
    +2,154
    Hehe, unlocked range on the KSG-12 earlier and was doing the silencer challenge, then bakaara comes up in the rotation on TDM, sod it I think :rotfl:

Went 23-10, embarrassed some quick scoping snipers and got a double game winning killcam. :D With the silenced KSG. :rotfl::rotfl:

Have now got damage and extended mags and my oh my that thing is a beast!! just gone 21-4 on arkaden with it :D

Both games running only UAV and ballistic vests, ribbed for your protection :D
  11. BaldyBonito

BaldyBonito Member

Ratings:
    +128

Games last night were ridiculous lol. That game winning kill cam on hardhat snd with the usas was just atrocious. The guy was miles away.
  12. Tall_Paul

Ratings:
    +2,154
    Yeah lol it took 3 shots but he finally went down :D gotta get the gold USAS out for the killcams :laugh:

Was just testing out something in a private match and (obvious as this may seem) range does actually increase the distance the pellets travel before they disappear, by about 6ft on the KSG-12, rather than just increasing the damage range (i.e. 40 damage at 10ft without range and at 15ft with range) and having the pellets disappear at the same distance.

Unlocked the 1887 last night too and stuck it on a class, have to say it's pretty good!! :rolleyes::laugh: Cannot wait until I get the 10th prestige so i can finally rank up the guns and not have to do them again.
  13. BaldyBonito

BaldyBonito Member

Ratings:
    +128
    Aye 3 shots but the MW2 spas wouldn't even hit him at that distance. :eek:
  14. fitzybhoy25

fitzybhoy25 Member

Ratings:
    +89
    Finally levelled the Spas up to level 28 and I must say... Not worth it. I'll never touch any shotgun again unless they get a beef up before ext mags and range/damage.

A horrific experience all round.
  15. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    If that is the case why even do it? You have surely read people say its not a good gun in MW3. All the forums/youtube videos I have read this seems to be the universal opinion.

The only two shotguns worth giving 2 seconds over is the USAS and Striker.

I would say even though I hated it, the KSG12 is also much better than the SPAS in this game too. And this is a SPAS type pump action if you want specifically a pump action gun.

So its odd why you picked one of the worst guns, went through all that just to stop using it and never do it again with the good guns.
  16. fitzybhoy25

fitzybhoy25 Member

Ratings:
    +89
    I like trying out new guns and combos. Don't take it so personally. :rolleyes:
  17. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    I am not taking it personally. I am just saying its unfortunate you are doing away with the prospect of the most fun two guns in the game in the USAS and Striker just because you had the misfortune of picking the second worst shotgun and putting up with it till level 28 and then finding its still not that good and assuming all the rest will be the same.

Give the USAS or KSG12 a go.
  18. crocandy

crocandy Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Gave the USAS a go last night and although i never set the world alight i loved every second of it. I was ready to jack in all shoties after the hell that was 40 kills with ACR shotgun attachment. However, with this i adjusted my attitude towards the gun and was prepared for most kills to need 2/3 shots. I was pleasently surprised by how many ohk i managed including a couple in a final killcam. My favourite being a quickscoping, jumping mofo who i shot in mid air :rotfl: Have to say that i am looking forward to achieving level 28 if it improves the gun. Will the best set up be extended mags and damage?
  19. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Its the only setup for shottys I'd say
  20. Tall_Paul

Ratings:
    +2,154
    The USAS is one of the best shottys once it's all ranked up, mine is gold at the moment :D

As for damage or range, I have/had a class set up with both (both with ext mags) and found that I used range a fair bit and was preferring it over damage a good amount of the time - the USAS is fully auto and you can get shots off pretty quick so if a guy doesn't go down in one shot they will in 2/3, so the extra damage is sometimes not needed as you can get a second shot off to finish them off without too much trouble.

Now, the KSG (or any other single shot/pump action shotty)... damage all the way, as you need every shot to be a one hit kill, or you're dead.

Surprisingly the USAS has better range than the KSG, the pellets travel a good 10ft further before they disappear, even without range on.

Once you get into the shotgun groove it's hard to go back to normal guns, I played 3/4 of this prestige just using the USAS and the KSG, had huge fun :D
  21. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    How many kills did it take you to get there.

Still cannot believe you managed this. I say this as I am 540 kills on it now and still not even half way through the lvl 30 bar.

And I got through level 1 to 30 entirely using double weapons XP.

I am guessing you must have needed something like 1500 kills?

How anyone can endure 1500 kills with this is beyond me.
  22. Tall_Paul

Ratings:
    +2,154
    weapon xp is 100xp per kill (regardless of game mode) + any bonuses like comeback, headshot, buzzkill etc etc. nothing else counts apart from the challenges. so half of level 30 on kills only would be 450 kills, thats not including any bonusus which will cut it down a lot.
  23. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    The best thing for hitting the gold for me has been getting to the 10k milestones.

So 250 then 400 then 500 kills. 30k for all that.
  24. steviegall

steviegall Member

Ratings:
    +352
    1100 ish and thats with a 4 kill master and veteran discrepancy
  25. Tall_Paul

Ratings:
    +2,154
    I was about the same with the USAS 12 to get gold.
  26. Dave H

Dave H Active Member

Ratings:
    +139
    just unlocked Range and Damage and Ext Mags for the Striker now whats best Damage or Range ?
  27. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Damage without question. You still get huge range when using it with the Striker.

One bullet kill within a reasonable distance with Damage.

Mostly 2 bullets for Range. (or at least this is what I experience)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  28. BaldyBonito

BaldyBonito Member

Ratings:
    +128
    Played a game last night with the USAS on Underground. Playing that FFA tourney helped me no end. Raped and Pillaged and went something like 38-11 and got the USAS up to level 16 hoorah. I'll need to upload it to my fileshare as it was pretty impressive.
  29. PlayStation

PlayStation Member

Ratings:
    +143
    I am the Striker King on PS3 lol. Oh how I've made 4/5 man clans and teams rage quit to the point I got hate messages and reporting me for cheating. Hilarious when the Enemies Forfeit message comes up and you look at leader board, your score is like 33-2 and the next best person is like 3-1 on your team.

I've tried other Shotguns but they're all underpowered and I don't have the patience to camp in a corner and kill from behind because other than the Striker, other shotguns will not win you a 1v1 situation.
    The time before a second bullet is ready to be fired from the Spas, you're practically dead. Striker is amazing though, I've had loads of multi and triple kills with it and have had Gold camo for it 6 times now(on 6th prestige now so 7 soon). Even had messages from people saying I'm a beast with the Striker because of the quad kill feeds, I am THAT good.............or the guns OP ;)

MW2 Spas is still the best shotgun though, even the sound of the Spas in MW3 sucks, lacks the bass and deepness of MW2's.

Range and Ext Mags are the way to go for Striker and for Spas-12, Damage and RDS.
  30. .50 Caliber Bob

.50 Caliber Bob Member

Ratings:
    +3
    USAS 12 is also a fantastic shotgun, so I have to disagree with you on this post!
    I'll give you that the range is slightly less, and that you can't spam the trigger quite as quickly (so it does take more skill rather than simply how fast can you press R1, I think the striker is a bit more noobish tbh *puts tin hat on*) but it's fire rate is more than adequate. The main advantage over the Striker is movement speed, and with extended mags you even get a sprint distance bonus like a little mini extreme conditioning. I have had several games going 50 kills for sub 10 deaths on domination, whilst running and gunning (and before people say I was kill-whoring, I also got accolades for most points captured on some of them).