Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITV HD picture but no Sound

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by bagg3rs, Jan 2, 2010.

1. bagg3rs

bagg3rs Member

Ratings:
    +55
    Have found others on greenbutton also.

ITV HD Changed? - The Green Button

Be nice to have it for the all the FA cup games.

I was trying the below (I think) the other night, guess I may have to stream bbc commentry over the top!

Q. I've been watching ITV HD and have switched to BBC HD and the screen fades to black after a second, what's going on?
    A. No one is quite sure. However, this is easy to fix by pressing Stop and then Live TV again. If this does not work then close the Media Center application before re-opening it.
  2. djcla

djcla Active Member

Ratings:
    +238
    how do you get itv hd?
  3. burnegg

burnegg Member

Ratings:
    +3
  4. bagg3rs

bagg3rs Member

Ratings:
    +55
    I get sound for about 2 seconds and then it cuts out. Picture is fine though.

Using MC7 with a Nvidia G210 via HDMI. Looking like its something change from itv end i guess.
  5. cb31

cb31 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I just setup my htpc to get itv hd, same as previous poster I get about 2 seconds of audio then it stops. Picture is fine though. On the channel banner it has a Dolby digital logo like BBC HD(which also doesn't work properly anymore).

I'm using an onboard AMD/ATI 785G connected via VGA.
  6. Fat_Bob

Fat_Bob Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Join the club. Was really looking forward to the FA cup in high def this weekend. First BBC change their codec so it scrambles ATI cards and now ITV change something and we loose sound. What a joke!
  7. bagg3rs

bagg3rs Member

Ratings:
    +55
    I was going to write about the Dolby D logo also. Unlike BBCHD it disappears when the sound is lost (which makes sense)
  8. Craggyisland

Craggyisland Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Not used mine in a while for ITV HD. Tried today and having similar problems. I'm thinking of investing in dvbviewer. Can anyone tell me if it's still working? I might also get dvblink as well. Anyone else confirm that's still working too?
  9. will16v

will16v Active Member

Ratings:
    +36
    This happend to me when champs league was last on - sound or 2 secs and then just a picture on itv hd in windows 7 media centre using dvb-s card.
    I think there was either a microsoft or huappage dvb-s card update i installed just before i started having these probs though iirc..but not looked into it since..:confused:
  10. Fat_Bob

Fat_Bob Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't think it's a hauppage issue. And I would suspect you would still get it in DBViewer. By the looks of it people with the Humax freesat box are also encountering issues so I think something has changed before ITV launch it as a full channel.
  11. imilne

imilne Member

Ratings:
    +70
    I'm not a football fan, so didn't watch much, but I did catch about 10-15 mins worth of both of today's games and they were both fine. That's with a Pinnacle 7010ix sat receiver, an ATI 4550 graphics card (PowerDVD HD decoders) and gbpvr doing the media centre duties.

Quality wise, picture and sound were good (never noticed whether the sound was DD or just stereo though) and the picture was certainly a vast improvement over the normal SD transmission.
  12. imilne

imilne Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Saying that, I've just checked and ac3filter is reporting the sound as being AC3, but just 2 channels. It appears to be the after match report now anyway, so it might have been different during the game.
  13. Presuming Ed

Presuming Ed Member

Ratings:
    +35
    No issues at all in DVBViewer. Watched a bit of the Reading game yesterday, all of the Manchester United game today, caught a bit of Harry Hill earlier (looks like they've been broadcasting between the footy and Poirot) and am planning to watch Poirot.

No sound issues whatsoever, either using AC3Filter or ReClocik (or both).
  14. bagg3rs

bagg3rs Member

Ratings:
    +55
    It maybe just WMC7 then. I may try gb-pvr when there is something on next then.
  15. flashp

flashp Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I watched a bit of the football today using the Hauppauge software (WINTV v7) all ok. I think MS have some tweaking to do in MC in order keep up with transmission protocols. If others can manage it I'm sure they could. I gave up on trying to get MC to work in the end...for now at least.
  16. tony_park

tony_park Member

Ratings:
    +107
    There are reports of problems on thegreenbutton.com relating to this

Tony