Is the Pro Controller worth £50?

Rob20

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering (as a Switch noob of 1 month) if the difference between using the Joycons in the grip and the pro controller warrants £50. It seems to me like it would offer a significant improvement but I'm curious to hear peoples views. Have people bothered to buy one or are you content with the pack in controller?

Last edited:
I think it’s worth it. It’s much more comfortable than the joycons especially if playing for an extended period of time.
As Marc said though you may be able to get one second hand for under £40 although I prefer to buy controllers new so I know they haven’t been abused and have warranty to cover the possibility of drift or sticky buttons.

Definitely - I only use my switch docked and use the pro controller all of the time - much better than the standard controllers.

of course if you can pick it up cheaper then all the better.

For some reason I don't like the idea of a 2nd hand controller. Would rather pay an extra £10 and have one new.

yeah me too - Im not adverse to a 2nd hand item from amazon but controllers...no. Not to mention the possible damage from it being dropped or thrown is impossible to see.

Definitely worth it, in my opinion, especially if you use your Switch in docked mode a lot. I only use mine docked and I haven't used the Joycons since getting my Pro controller.

Having a proper d-pad is a good reason to use a controller instead of Joycons when docked. The officially licensed Hori wireless pad seems a decent alternative at around £40. No rumble but personally I never got the appeal of rumble anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom