Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it the tube, colour going bright and fading dull picture Sony KV-28FX65

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Oldbean, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Oldbean

Oldbean Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, please could you help with my picture quality problem?

I have a nearly 5 year old Sony KV-28FX65 TV and it has started giving a poor picture in the last 2 days.

While watching the FA cup matches over the weekend you can see the green pitch will be dull green, then all of a sudden it will go a really bright green and take over the picture.

White text has a red tinge it so white letters look pink. Such as the score or BBC news text.

People in the picture look like they have been in the sun a bit too long, they have slighty pink faces.

If theres some red back ground in a studio then it can feel like the red is taking over the picture, the picture is dull and not sharp anymore. Sometimes it feels like you have rose tinted glasses on.

All of a sudden it will go back to the correct colour and be sharp again for a few seconds but then go back to the dull picture with a red haze.

Hope that makes sence.

We bought an extended warrenty with Power House on the TV which runs out this year so keen for any advice on what it could be and what to do to fix it?

Thanks alot,
    James
  2. JayCee

JayCee Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,568
    You have a greyscale problem which could be something simple like a dry joint or faulty component in the video output circuitry or worst-case scenario...a faulty crt.
    There is nothing you can do but call in an engineer under the terms of your warranty.
  3. Gammy leg

Gammy leg Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Oldbean,

Worth checking Scart lead (if one is connected). Substitute with known good one and see if it helps.

Gammy.
  4. Oldbean

Oldbean Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info JayCee, so the bill shouldnt be too big?

Gammy, i hoped it was the freeview box but it happens if i just have the aerial into the back of the TV with the VCR and digital box turned off.
  5. JayCee

JayCee Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,568
    Affordable if a dry joint/component.
    A write-off if it's the crt.
  6. Oldbean

Oldbean Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We have had the TV looked at by a local repair engineer. He says its the tube. Hes going to fit a 2nd hand tube as we dont fancy a battle with the warrenty company.