Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to pair a Sky card to a new HD box online?

Discussion in 'Sky Forum' started by crsm123, Oct 5, 2007.

1. crsm123

crsm123 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

Anyone know if it's possible to pair a new HD box with my Sky card online via the Sky website, rather than having to call Sky?
  2. SeaneyC

SeaneyC Member

Ratings:
    +52
    Not that i know of, when i did my self upgrade from Sky+ to HD, the whole process took less than 15 minutes, including switching on movies and HD on my subs and for everything to start working again like Sky+ and sports. Any reason you don't want to call?
  3. crsm123

crsm123 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I live on the continent and don't want to take the chance that they will see that I'm calling from abroad.
  4. ian-d

ian-d Member

Ratings:
    +172
  5. crsm123

crsm123 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, I did ask this question but the thread disappeared, I guess because I was asking the question on the wrong forum as it was a Sky related question.....

I bought my HD box locally. I don't have a landline at the moment and the normal method of hiding where the call is from (dialling #31# first) doesn't seem to work on my GSM or office phone.
  6. ian-d

ian-d Member

Ratings:
    +172
    Thread is still there, hasn't been moved or removed ;)

Do you have the internet? Phone via VOIP! To be honest, i don't beleive Sky even track caller numbers, after all, who's to say that someone isn't phoning from europe on a business trip wanting to upgrade package for their family?

Also, pairing/setup via sky online would surely be traceable in the same way!
  7. Adama

Adama Member

Ratings:
    +58
    No... It's not possible
  8. crsm123

crsm123 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You're right. I must be working too late.....

It's just that I've heard stories about people having their Sky cut off when calling from abroad, but you're also right I could be on a business trip since my subscription is in the UK.
  9. techmob

techmob Member

Ratings:
    +43
    think about it, they have an automated message when you call to input your phone number, so the sky CS can access your account ready

they must be in a call centre with headsets etc, i doubt they would have caller display, plus they would have to prove it etc

which frankly they cannot, you could make hundreds of excuses, you are phoning up on behalf of your missus while you are away, she is not on the account and has bad hearing

wouldn't worry about it
  10. ian-d

ian-d Member

Ratings:
    +172
    agreed, common one being that your name is on the account and your wife is nagging for it to be switched on, just make sure your convincing when you say you have all the information from the services screen in front of you....i.e. don't have the EPG music playing lol
  11. crsm123

crsm123 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    :thumbsup: Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how I get on.
  12. crsm123

crsm123 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    :) My HD box and card are now paired ok, calling Sky wasn't a problem. Thanks all.