Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is HSBC bank open on a saturday? Please help.

Discussion in 'General Chat Forum' started by Maniac618, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Maniac618

Maniac618 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I need to get some money out tomorrow, I was wondering if they are open on saturdays around mid day? Do all branches have the same times? I'll be in Portsmouth.

Any help would be appreciated, I am literally in a massive rush to pack things etc.

Edit: Their website doesn't list days open just times, which still worries me in case it doesn't inc. sats.
  2. hot-fuzz

hot-fuzz Active Member

Ratings:
    +604
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Maniac618

Maniac618 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    OK thanks, just noticed that the Commercial road one in Portsmouth is open on a Sat for definite. Thanks.

Edit: I was checking the Southsea one that only lists times not days, suppose that doesn't inc. sat then.
  4. Mr_Wistles

Mr_Wistles Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,634
    I doubt the counter will be open on a Saturday.
  5. Greg Hook

Greg Hook Moderator & Reviewer

Ratings:
    +3,898
    Most banks are open on Saturday. Providing you live in a decent size town, which Portsmouth should qualify, then you should have no trouble. If the bank is open then so will the counter.
  6. Digger

Digger Active Member

Ratings:
    +216
    I wish they were. My bank Alliance and Leicester is not open on a Sat, and thats right in the midriff of Central London! I needed to pay in a cheque today, but now have to wait til Monday. . . GRRR!(*infinity!!!)
  7. Mr.D

Mr.D Active Member

Ratings:
    +958
    I only ever set foot inside my HSBC if I'm withdrawing large sums of cash.

Last time I went in to take out 5k and the cashier told me off for not arranging it in advance. I just laughed and told her to get on with it as I was in a hurry!

She then proceeded to lambast the rather elderly lady who came after me for not having her cash deposit bagged up into denominations. The fact the lady in question was carrying a white cane and rather obviously suffering from Parkinson's notwithstanding.

I try and do it all online these days : you get better service!
  8. Mr_Wistles

Mr_Wistles Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,634
    Not sure what bank you are with but the counter in every HSBC I have been to on a Saturday is always closed.
  9. KevD

KevD Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I have a Barclays that has counters open until 3pm and a Natwest with counters open until 12pm nearby. I aslo have smaller branches of the same banks close but they are closed, so I guess it depends how big/busy the branch is.