Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone not connecting to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by norderney, Apr 26, 2011.

1. norderney

norderney Member

Ratings:
    +5
    iPhone 3GS software ver 4.3.2
    iTunes ver 10.2.2.12
    PC is running Windows Vista

I have just connected my iPhone 3GS to my PC, but it is not connecting to iTunes.

It was connecting successfully earlier this evening. When I connect my iPhone to my PC, iTunes does not connect to my iPhone.

If I go into My Computer, I can see my iPhone there and I can look at photos stored on my iPhone, so My Computer is seeing my iPhone.

It's just iTunes that is not connecting.

In iTunes, If I go into Preferences then go to Devices it shows Device Backups and lists my iPhone there. It shows that the last backup was done today at 22.14.

It says Itunes is not paired with any remotes.

Anybody any idea what the problem is?
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  2. Some Bloke

Some Bloke Active Member

Ratings:
    +406
    When iTunes is running, I would try CTRL, ALT and DELETE together, so that it brings up Task Manager.
    Then look in the first tab (Applications) and check that iTunes is running correctly i.e. it's not showing "Not Responding".

Sometimes when I run iTunes with Win7, I have to open & close it twice, before I open it again. Then it works properly and syncs with my phone.
  3. andy1000

andy1000 Member

Ratings:
    +66
    I get this problem sometimes with my iPhone 4 - I normally disconnect and reconnect (and if that doesn't work close down iTunes and try again from scratch).

Don't know what causes it but normally doing the above 'fixes' the problem :thumbsup: