Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone 5 running hot

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by derek1971, Sep 26, 2012.

1. derek1971

derek1971 Active Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Is anyone else finding their iphone 5 running quite hot. I have had an iphone 3g and a 4 before upgrading to the 5 and neither of them ran anywhere near as hot as the 5.
    I suspect it may have a fault but just wanted to check before i returned it.
    When it is on standby it is fine - as soon as i start to use it it becomes a fair bit warmer. After a phone call for 5 mins it is really quite warm to the touch.

It has also on a couple of occasions just started to heat up after i have used it - eg i do a quick web browse for something and put it on standby and put it back in my pocket - a few minutes later i take it back out to do something else and it is really quite hot.

Sometimes it cools down by itself but on a couple of occasions i have had to turn it off and on again before it cools down.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
  2. chukwe

chukwe Active Member

Ratings:
    +302
    My iPhone 4S used to get hot when using TomTom for a while. If it's running hot on web browsing, you'll have take it back to Apple. I haven't notice it on mine
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. gangstarrrrr

gangstarrrrr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you noticed anything different with the battery when the phone runs hot?
  4. derek1971

derek1971 Active Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Yeah - the battery runs down much quicker than i would expect when it is running hot.
  5. gangstarrrrr

gangstarrrrr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have this problem too. think it is caused by the processor running at full steam, perhaps stuck on something or other. my battery is pants. :mad:
  6. cptbaker1980

cptbaker1980 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    What's the signal like when on 3G?

if it was low or weak I found mine warmed a fair bit then.
  7. derek1971

derek1971 Active Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Strangely enough it was worst yesterday when i was in the basement of a building with no signal after checking a couple of things online