iPhone 5 rumours - yes the analysts are at work already

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they ditch the Home button and have a swipe feature like the JB App Zephyr.

Germinator said:
I hope they ditch the Home button and have a swipe feature like the JB App Zephyr.

Ok like on the palm pre 2 Or HP touchpad, press to go home or swipe up to open multitasking menu :)

32, 64, 128 GB models
One thing people are always wrong is on the sizes, it will continue to be 16,32 and 64gb.

64gb is ridiculously huge let alone 128gb, even when my Brother worked at Vodafone the 64gb demand was very, very low which is why I don't see the demand for the 128gb size.

One thing people are always wrong is on the sizes, it will continue to be 16,32 and 64gb.

64gb is ridiculously huge let alone 128gb, even when my Brother worked at Vodafone the 64gb demand was very, very low which is why I don't see the demand for the 128gb size.

With the Pico connector, and something else I would really like a 256GB version...

I would love it when they could integrate with full OSX, use technology like airplay to turn it into a full fledged computer and on the move have it turn back into a smart phone. A bit along the lines of what Ubuntu is doing with Android but with the usual Apple integration of Hardware and Software.

perhaps for most owners but for my next iphone, I will definitely be opting for the 64GB as I am starting to outgrow the 32GB on my phone, I only have some 1.9GB free :eek:

Last edited:
dc8900 said:
perhaps for my most owners but for my next iphone, I will definitely be opting for the 64GB as I am starting to outgrow the 32GB on my phone, I only have some 1.9GB free :eek:

My next iPhone will have to be 32GB, my last few have all been 16gb, and with a better camera causing bigger sized photos, I am running out fast, I have like 0.8GB left i think :(

perhaps for my most owners but for my next iphone, I will definitely be opting for the 64GB as I am starting to outgrow the 32GB on my phone, I only have some 1.9GB free :eek:

I bought the 16GB 4S on launch date, thinking with iTunes Match and my reasonably streamlined use of Apps it would be enough. It lasted a month before I was on the phone to O2 asking for a 64GB version.

By the time you've got some music on, your Apps, you've taken some photos, Photostream has populated and you've made at least one 1080p movie, 16GB looks a bit tight. It seemed pointless having hundreds of pounds worth of phone that you're afraid to use to its full potential. It's like having an Android phone!

IBy the time you've got some music on, your Apps, you've taken some photos, Photostream has populated and you've made at least one 1080p movie, 16GB looks a bit tight. It seemed pointless having hundreds of pounds worth of phone that you're afraid to use to its full potential. It's like having an Android phone!

+1,

With the space that all apps start to take up and the amount of photos and videos take up as well a few albums, 32GB is a minimum IMO

Don't get me wrong, there are loads of users who are perfectly happy with the 8GB iPhone 4 or the 16GB models but for me it's just too small now

dc8900 said:
+1,

With the space that all apps start to take up and the amount of photos and videos take up as well a few albums, 32GB is a minimum IMO

Don't get me wrong, there are loads of users who are perfectly happy with the 8GB iPhone 4 or the 16GB models but for me it's just too small now

I am one of those people with a 16GB 4S, had a 16GB 4 and before that a 16GB 3GS... My next iPhone won't be under 32GB ... Especially with a better camera the images take up so much more room now

I really do expect apple to have a 128GB model at the next launch :)

There won't be a 128GB this year IMHO!

They only just got the 64GB model and prices not dropped enough on the flash memory side to slip a 128GB in as replacement for 64GB yet.

There won't be a 128GB this year IMHO!

They only just got the 64GB model and prices not dropped enough on the flash memory side to slip a 128GB in as replacement for 64GB yet.

of course, we are just talking about why there is a genuine need for a 64GB model, I doubt we would see a 128GB iPhone before a similar sized iPad IMO and my money is on for such storage being made an option come Q2/Q3 2013 onwards.

The flaw with this logic is that it omits that people's spending is precipitated by the price point. 11 years ago when the first iPod launched, the 5/10GB capacity was typical for the market. Fast forward 6 years and the Classic now has 160GB, whilst rivals with larger PVP's use 500GB HDDs. The adoption of flash memory is simply a new cycle. It might take longer, especially given the current economic environment, but it is inevitable that prices of components will fall. Realistically do you still expect 64GB flash to be the ceiling come end of the decade? That's rhetorical...

I do like the use of the word 'confirmed'.

Although that concept photo looks mighty fine, would be good if it was like that.

I do like the use of the word 'confirmed'.

Although that concept photo looks mighty fine, would be good if it was like that.

I'm not convinced about that concept/mock-up look. Unless iOS is updated with some clever anti-press-a-button-by-accident-by-holding-it-in-your-hand technology I like having a little border.

bpsmith said:
+1

Who falls for this crap!?!

Sometimes every tech blog on the planet :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom