iPad 2 - post launch stock watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just managed to get one via PC World online. 3 - 5 days delivery and available.

A couple of other models were 28 days. I went for the 16gb black! Fingers crossed I see it next week :)

I didn't hold much hope of getting one in the city today as I know most places sold out Friday

Just had an email from PC World saying that they are preparing the order for delivery. Within 3 working days!!

Just had an email from PC World saying that they are preparing the order for delivery. Within 3 working days!!

Just took a punt on this and you are right. Ordered it 10 minutes ago and just had an email telling me that the order is being processed for delivery and should be with me in three working days. I am not getting my hopes up though, this is PC World after all.

Just took a punt on this and you are right. Ordered it 10 minutes ago and just had an email telling me that the order is being processed for delivery and should be with me in three working days. I am not getting my hopes up though, this is PC World after all.

True. Fingers crossed! Some are still listed with a 28 day lead time so hopefully there stocks are accurate. Im sure yesterday they were all listed as 28 days.

*prays for mid week delivery*

True. Fingers crossed! Some are still listed with a 28 day lead time so hopefully there stocks are accurate. Im sure yesterday they were all listed as 28 days.

*prays for mid week delivery*

Fingers crossed, eh? Whilst trawling the web, I am sure that I read that PC World received more stock of the 16GB black models than any others.

Apple iPads - iPads for Business

Showing 10+ in stock on most models.

anyone used them? Im wondering if there stock system is manually updated and all will go out of stock first thing,,,

Interesting, i spoke to them on the phone yesterday and they said the entire company was out of a models. Hope he was mistaken :thumbsup:

rmg said:

anyone used them? Im wondering if there stock system is manually updated and all will go out of stock first thing,,,

Cheers. Just ordered the White 16gb for the wife as she likes the black 32gb I got so much. Once I placed my order I got an email saying there were 57 left in stock.

Cheers. Just ordered the White 16gb for the wife as she likes the black 32gb I got so much. Once I placed my order I got an email saying there were 57 left in stock.

Cheers for the info! Now wondering if I should cancel my order with currys and get one through these guys! Dammit, Apple! :D

Anyone know if this company are ok?

I am also very very tempted to cancel my order from currys and go with them.

Not sure why they would have so many still in though when everwhere else is struggling for stock............

To sort of answer my own question..........

Did a little research and found they are owned by DSG (currys, pc world, dixons etc)

Some good online comments/ reviews about them

Although the description is of ipad2 the title just says iPad. Might answer why they have so many in stock?

chimpton said:
Although the description is of ipad2 the title just says iPad. Might answer why they have so many in stock?

So why are there white ones?

Tempted by the macwarehouse site. Net day delivery too, anyone know which delivery company they use?

If anyone gets their iPad 2 from mac warehouse let us know

I may call them tomorrow

I ordered a 64GB Wi-Fi iPad 2 from PC World Business store online. I thought I might have to open a business account but only had to register. Delivery due on Tues or Weds (although that cost me £12).

I was surprised at their high stock levels. No other online store would let me order one for delivery to Inverness (except for Apple of course but I can't wait for weeks!!).

Just to let people know - As of 10 minutes ago, the PC World website is currently still showing stock of 64GB Black (both wifi only and 3G) as available with delivery in 3-5 days (all other models are showing as within 28 days only). Told a friend of mine and he has just placed the order and has just received a confirmation email saying order is being prepared for delivery within 3 days! So it could be worth trying your luck if you're after one of those models.......

I wonder if the stores are not showing stock levels because of all the people making orders at multiple places with the intention of cancelling all but one. Just a thought... :rolleyes:

Just ordered 16gb wifi from macwarehouse, they only had wifi models in stock. Hopefully the stock levels are correct as have paid for next day delivery... Haven't got an email confirmation yet tho :-/

Macwarehouse and PC World Business seem to be linked and are part of the same group.

Their stock levels for Ipad 2 are identical and haven't moved all weekend so I am not hopeful (have ordered though)

Just ordered 16gb wifi from macwarehouse, they only had wifi models in stock. Hopefully the stock levels are correct as have paid for next day delivery... Haven't got an email confirmation yet tho :-/

Let us know if you get confirmation email and if it arrives tomorrow

Will do, I suspect that come 9am I'll get an email saying it's out of stock tho :-(

Just got confirmation email - says there's 101 in stock... Fingers crossed!!!

I ordered the 64gb wifi only white from PC World yesterday afternoon only to receive an email saying "Thank you for your recent PC World order. Unfortunately we may have a problem with processing your order within the timescale indicated on our website. We will contact you shortly to discuss the matter with you". This is all despite the fact it indicated on their website it was in stock for home delivery. Literally 2 minutes later I got two identical emails saying "We are preparing your PC world order for delivery".
Has anybody else had this? Not really sure where I stand now, ordered with Apple and PC world. Thinking of cancelling both and trying this MacWarehouse site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom