Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

intempo 5" e-book reader

Discussion in 'General Tech Products' started by quidditys_shore, Jun 15, 2011.

1. quidditys_shore

quidditys_shore Member

Ratings:
    +128
    has anyone had any expeirance with one?

just saw in today in a ugo (old netto) behind the counter for £49.99. couldnt get that close a look but thought that in the picture (& assumed therefore the reader) it had a B&W screen, however i cant seem to find a B&W version.
    there is a colour version so maybe mistaken. if it is the colour then seems a good buy as it'll do mags, movies & photos.

there was also a 7" version in a different cabinet which was colour but was £99.99

i'm a little tempted so as to have it to go along with my kindle!
  2. Eeeyore

Eeeyore Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I bought one off ebay, great little tool, does EPUB best of all, PDF's take forever to load, it also accepts MOBI files, but it doesn't tell you that in the instructions. Now i mention the instructions, they are just crap, basically. Don't let that put you off, if it's just for reading ebooks, it's brilliant, battery life is about 5-6 hours, depending on amount of page turns, brightness of backlight etc. Mine didn't come with a charger either, but there was a USB cable in the box, and i use that to charge it. Buy it, definitely.
    That said, this is my first foray into ebook readers, and i'm blown away, but i've not looked at any others, good luck.
    Eeeyore:smashin:
  3. thealien2000uk

thealien2000uk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got an intempo ebook for christmas this year and its brill it was bought from ugo (netto) £39.99 It's full colour, 2 gb built in, 16 gb micro sdAlways thinking outside the box Intempo launches it's new eBook. Combining a fusion of media and the latest technology right at your finger tips. By presenting a brand new category within the consumer electronics market, that contains few competitive models, Intempo leads again! The difference with our eBook reader is that it's multi functional. It's also an ideal tool for listening to your favourite music tracks, watching films and flicking through your embarrassing photos! A must have accessory for any avid reader or gadget fan, the Intempo eBook is set to shake things up! Product Features•Screen rotate function for viewing photos and reading eBooks •Calender & Clock Features •The eBook reader is multifunctional •It's also an ideal tool for listening to your favourite music tracks, watching films and flicking through your photosTechnical Specifications•Screen: 5" Screen (Res 800 x 400) •Memory: 2GB built in memory •Card Reader: SD card slot which supports up to 16GB cards •Text: TXT, DOC, PDF, PDB, FB2, EPUB, HTML •Music: MP3, MPEG, WMV, AVI, FLV, VOB, MOV, MKV, DAT, RM, RMBV, 3GB •Calendar and clock features •Screen rotate function for viewing photos and eBook readingVery good value for money and its better than a Kindle for less than half the price