1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel HD3000

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by GuitarGuy, Jan 30, 2012.

1. GuitarGuy

GuitarGuy Active Member

Ratings:
    +263
    My graphics card is currently on it's way to the Netherlands for RMA (gtx 580), for the meanwhile I thought I'd use the built in graphics on my processor since I have an i5 2500k? So I plugged the dvi cable from my monitor into the motherboard dvi socket and powered on, it hung at the press delete for bios screen, restarted and same thing happened, kept happening a few times until eventually it decided to boot, asked if I wanted to go to safe mode, I said no, now I get to my desktop to fin aero has been turned off and the resolution is wrong, I tried to change the resolution back to 1080p, no luck, 1240x1024 was the maximum res....... So I figured it must be a driver problem, went to the Asus website and downloaded the intel hd graphics driver for my motherboard and it says it cannot install the device.......

Is it a faulty product or what? :/ am I doing it wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Sinbadio

Sinbadio Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Have you tried uninstalling the drivers for your GPU that you sent off, could be some conflicts with the OS with which drivers to use. Best to try eliminate that first.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. GuitarGuy

GuitarGuy Active Member

Ratings:
    +263
    I'll have a go now.
  4. GuitarGuy

GuitarGuy Active Member

Ratings:
    +263
    you solved it, cheers mate :)
  5. Sinbadio