Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinite Prime tamper reset

Discussion in 'Home Automation, Lighting, Security & Climate' started by jmls, Jun 30, 2012.

1. jmls

jmls Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an infinite prime alarm system with wireless PIRs. Having some building work done, and one of the PIR was removed from the wall, setting off the tamper alarm.

Now the system will not set without me clearing (I presume) the alarm on the PIR. I have the master code , but that does not seem to be able to get me into the programming menu (WHY??) and I don't think that I know the installer code.

I cannot get hold of the guy that originally set up the system, so am a little stuck.

Any clues or tips for me ?

Very nervous about not being able to set the alarm.
  2. John7

John7 Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Have you tried removing the battery from the PIR? According to the user manual, it will go into test mode with the tamper open and then powered up. When you then close the tamper, it should reset the tamper circuit.

Manuals here......
    ESP - Product Manuals
  3. jmls

jmls Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks. Will try that.

Is there any way of resetting the installer code if I have the master code ?
  4. jmls

jmls Member

Ratings:
    +0
    tried taking the battery out, waited 5 minutes. Put it back in, same problem.

I've worked around the issue by bypassing the dodgy sensor, but every time the system is disarmed, I've got to go and change the bypass setting again.

how can I reset the installer code to get access to the programming menu ?
  5. jmls

jmls Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've now got the problem where the wife managed to break the wireless siren (don't ask , just don't ask). I managed to get it working again, but the panel now registers that the siren was tampered with.

How can I reset this ? The programming menu is "access denied" when using the master code, but I don't know the installation code.

Can I factory reset the whole system and register the devices ? Or can I reset the tamper alarm ?