1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinite Prime Alarm - Replace PIR Battery - help?

Discussion in 'Home Automation, Lighting, Security & Climate' started by mdavenport, Jun 23, 2012.

1. mdavenport

mdavenport Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

Ive got an infinite prime alarm with wireless PIR sensors that I installed a couple of years ago.

One of the PIR's is alerting that the battery is about flat but I can't find any instructions anywhere on how to change the battery.

I know when installing it you had to be in the installer menu when connecting the power but not sure the best way to do it know its all setup.

My questions are:-

1. How do I open the PIR without the tamper alarm going off?
    2. If I remove the battery and replace with new will I have to re-program / re-register this PIR?

I've reviewed the installer instructions and PIR instructions but none state how to change the battery.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Mark
  2. tonymc

tonymc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Think you will have to put panel into installer mode to change battery as alarm will go of, look for small screw on bottom of pir to open it most are like this then you might have to pop the small board out as the battery should be on the back of it. Dont think you will have to set the pir up again in the system as once in it should stay in even though I would test it