Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infected is up

Discussion in 'PS3 Call of Duty (COD) Forum' started by glennbob, Feb 5, 2012.

1. glennbob

glennbob Member

Ratings:
    +117
    The infected game mode is in the playlist now but they've taken away dropzone.
  2. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,108
    Ah **** no. I was just starting to really enjoy that.

Plus I still have 49 Blind Eye Lockons to get :(
  3. lee667

lee667 Active Member

Ratings:
    +313
    why the hell have they done that as infected is boring. Glad i got my 100 blast shield challenge done the other day on dropzone.
  4. Clarky5000

Clarky5000 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89
    I quite like infected(though they should have had it in addition to drop zone, not instead of). What rules have they put on it?
  5. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,108
    That is thw weired thing its pretty much different rules every game.

1st Game was LMGs vs Juggernaut with no throwing knife.
    Second game Dual Magnums vs no juggs
    Third Game strikers vs no jugg
    Fourth Game everyone had a striker.
  6. Geeders

Geeders Member

Ratings:
    +179
    I like it.

Had some crazy combinations - jug vs striker on dome was a good laugh.

Also its a fairly easy way to get 'knife someone when all ammo empty' on a knife vs gun game.

It's good that they have throwing knifes as well, as it cuts down the advantage from high up places.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  7. steviegall

steviegall Active Member

Ratings:
    +352
    just got maob'd by boosters in this

i enjoy the game mode a lot but its hard to keep track of that kind of thing
  8. steviegall

steviegall Active Member

Ratings:
    +352
    one another note striker v jugg is way overpowered towards the jugg side(survivors)

and the jugg side is so boring, i was trying to kill myself to get to the striker side but i coudlnt even do that, 4 barrels, 2 humvees and about 10 striker shots from the one time i saw the infected and i still didnt die

omg the amount of pansies play this game is unbelievable

people who get selected for infected then back out

then the best part of teh game imho when your the last alive and you back out

doesnt anybody play this game for fun anymore?
  9. TheRobotman

TheRobotman Active Member

Ratings:
    +738
    you have to wonder at times. :confused:

although reading these forums it never sounds like any of us ever have fun playing, it just winds everyone up! lol. lag, bendy bullets, op guns, ect.

we all come back for more though. :suicide:
  10. steviegall

steviegall Active Member

Ratings:
    +352
    a nice little feature i just noticed was that the last one alive was camping, i.e. not moving ads at a doorway

and a uav sweep pinged him every 5 seconds or so
  11. Geeders

Geeders Member

Ratings:
    +179
    Played about 25 games of this and cant recall any game where the survivors 'won'. Might just have been the randoms i was playing with but once it got to 5 or 6 infected, it moved fairly quickly.

Was last one alive a few times, but by that stage its impossible against so many infected to survive for longer than a minute.
  12. steviegall

steviegall Active Member

Ratings:
    +352
    well out of the 4-5 games of striker(infected) v jugg(survivor) only one of them has the infected won
  13. Geeders

Geeders Member

Ratings:
    +179
    had about 3-4 games of that and infected won every time. As said it may just have been due to the randoms i was playing with getting killed fairly early and it going from there.
  14. steviegall

steviegall Active Member

Ratings:
    +352
    yeah if you dont get a quick 2-3 kills it can drag on
  15. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,108
    That happened to me. A lobby of something like 16 people running around for 30 seconds waiting for the timer to go down - why even have that timer as its not like someone will join?

The most annoying game was on Dome where the Infected side were just plane Tactical Knife and nothing else vs a team of Strikers and Akimbo P99ers.

The final 6 people all ran up the ladders to the high part and it was impossible to kill them because you had no distance killing means where they did. And climbing the ladder you were shot every time.

I did what others are moaning about and just quit the game after about 5 mins of a boring re-enactment of Michael Caine's Zulu.
  16. rousetafarian

rousetafarian Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,103
    It's an easy route to "Get a payback with a throwing knife", thats about it for me so far. I think within a party it would be a lot more fun
  17. conrod129

conrod129 Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Just played a game every one camped, I don't get what I got to do lol :)
  18. conrod129

conrod129 Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Really......? Yawn, second game

Attached Files:

19. PygoShlee

PygoShlee Member

Ratings:
    +146
    Same on underground.. they camped on a canopy in the middle, couldnt get them.

Ah well, it is great fun :rotfl:
  20. nossa

nossa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Drop Zone was my favourite.
    Wish I knew how to kill a bloody jugg with a shotgun, going to try and shoot them in the nuts next time.
  21. PlayStation

PlayStation Member

Ratings:
    +120
    I like Infected but there are two things wrong with it:-

You don't get a trowing knife every time you're a knifer so people will camp somewhere high up and there's only one way to get them but they're guarding it so they'll gun you down as soon as you go there, Resistance and Fallen being the worst. Impossible to kil them therefore impossible to win.

How do you kill a juggernaut with a Striker when there are like 4 jugger's on you with akimbo magnums :S No wonder people kept leaving when they were in that position. I decide to kill myself or let the Striker jugger kill me so I can help him kill :D
  22. Shady

Shady Member

Ratings:
    +50
    No Dropzone ?

Noooo... I love that mode (apart from the amount of times I have been killed by my own bouncing crate... makes for fine video replays though).

Anyone care for a quick explanation of Infected ? Sounds like once you are killed you don't respawn - is this right ?

If so, not the game for me, as I only tend to last about the first 20 seconds before croaking it.
  23. Tall_Paul

Tall_Paul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,157
    If you've ever played mike myers, its very similar to that.

Basically, 18 players, one of them 5 seconds in becomes the first "infected" and they typically only have a knife/throwing knife etc etc. That infected person then tried to infect the "survivors" by killing them, who then respawn as an infected. If you die as an infected you just respawn and go hunting again. Several minutes later and if you're still a survivor you've got 10+ people chasing you down baying for your blood while you're trying to reload your guns and run away or hide :rotfl:

Game is over when all survivors are killed or the survivors, survive :smashin: normally the only way to survive if you're the last man is to hide, 'cos running away from 17 people all after you aint gonna end well. :rotfl:

Reminds me of this when there's only a couple of survivors left :D
  24. Crib

Crib Previously Det

Ratings:
    +6,012
    Yah, but the 5 second ping on the radar kind of ruins the ability to hide. That would have been fun, hiding in a washing mashine.
  25. NoMansLand

NoMansLand Member

Ratings:
    +90
    The camping in high spots is proper annoying if you haven't got throwing knives. So is the backing out when you get selected as 1st infected... I mean, they must have known that might happen when playing this game mode, so why play it if you're not willing to be infected.

It just goes to show that a lot of people that play this game are complete w*nkers.
  26. Crib

Crib Previously Det

Ratings:
    +6,012
    It's been this way since the dawn of time.

I.e. not getting picked for the team who has the kill the rabbit and instead getting picked for the team who has to kill the lion... "Ugh, Unga... I ****ing quit this BS game... *spittle*"
  27. NoMansLand

NoMansLand Member

Ratings:
    +90
    "MW3 is broken because I was 1st infected and don't want to be, even though I know there is a good chance I will get picked as I'm playing the Infected Gamemode"

*RAGE QUIT*

I wish some of them would rage quit life.
  28. Crib

Crib Previously Det

Ratings:
    +6,012
    You really wish people who don't want to be infected because it will mess up their stats would kill themselves?
  29. PygoShlee

PygoShlee Member

Ratings:
    +146
    Found a few boosters last night, using splitscreen to boost.

If their (1) player was infected, you couldnt win. ****ing stupid. Thing is they were so crap at boosting.. I'll assume they were doing it for a MOAB, but they were so slow they only managed around 7-9 kills in the 3 games I followed them around.

Also got connected to a load of yanks last night playing it, which made it laggy as hell. First time i've ever connected to them, then in about 30 seconds i'd heard douche bag shouted about 50 times.

:rolleyes:
  30. PlayStation

PlayStation Member

Ratings:
    +120
    Same, I met two split screen boosters on Bakaara, the second person was infected. They hid pretty well, got up to around a 17 killstreak before time ran out.