Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing games to PS2 SCPH-70003 with Swap Magic 3.6 Pal on Phillips 14pt1542 25

Discussion in 'PS2 Forum' started by depthcharge001, Oct 24, 2009.

1. depthcharge001

depthcharge001 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I have a Slimline PS2 SCPH-70003 with Swap Magic 3.6 Pal Version. Its connected to my TV with a Joytech RF UNIT (Pal I). My Tv is a Phillips 14pt1542 25.

I am considering buying Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (and maybe a couple of other games if that works) for it and want to know if this will be a collosal waste of money or will I be able to make it work on my machine

I've heard that NTSC games will play with Swap Magic but can be in black and white or run jerkily. Or is this just a problem with connection to the TV?

Any help and pointers would be greatly appreciated
  2. fallenangle

fallenangle Member

Ratings:
    +24
    We'd need to know more about the TV's spec as I can't find out anything about it online.

Does it have (RGB) SCART, S-Video, Composite AV? If so why on earth are you using a RF connection anyway?

But even knowing this I don't think anyone here will be able to give definitive help for two reasons:-

1). Finding an up to date list of PAL Swap-Magic compatible NTSC games is nigh on impossible. There is a list at afterdawn.com for S-M v.3.3 and it is generally believed that it holds good for later version too. You're best off searching for somebody who has imported the specific game themselves and uses Swap-Magic.

2). I've read online (ie. I can't confirm it's truth) of some people reporting that certain version slimline PS2s may have problems with Swap-Magic. Obviously I just don't know if that applies here.

If you try asking this question on the ntsc-uk.co.uk forums there are some very knowledgeable import gamers there who may be able to help you more.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  3. depthcharge001

depthcharge001 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Fallenangel

The TV does have a scart socket. Im only using the RF unit as the PS2 scart lead broke and I didnt see the point in getting a new one unless I had to.

Thanks for all the information! This is a great help. :)