IHeadphones.co.uk experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got AKG K319 recently, didn't like some weird clickin in left phone, after short communication with John them issued RMA numb then sent it back, yesterday got an email from them what would I like replacement or changing for different model, so far so good anyway

I and other's on head-fi have used iheadphones with no problems at all. In fact the only place I've seen any report of a problem is this single thread.

Steven.

So thinking about using this company, any one else had any positive recent results with them? Just wondering how they can get some of the lower prices they have.

Remember if it seems too good to be true then it normally is.

Cheers.

Most of the time, yes....but not in this instance. :smashin:

Now lads, another dealing with Iheadphones, just as best a it gets!!! A+++++++++++++++++++.
I don't even have an idea who stands behind all this CRAP feedback against them in this thread but have to tell ya those lads from Iheadphones DO PROVIDE REAL CUSTOMER CARE!!!Immediate email replying as many times as you email them, very flexible to customers.
I had a slight problem with AKG phones. IHeadphones accepted them not prob, it took 3 days for replacement to be delivered to Ireland!!! I'm just more than happy!!! Thumbs UP!!!!!:smashin::smashin::smashin:

I came across this thread when considering to purchase from them and having done so and realising I opened an account on here ages ago I feel compelled to add my feedback.

I placed an order for a pair of Denon AH-D501 and a pair of Audio Technica ATH Pro5 a couple of weeks ago. These were to replace some Seinhessers that we have been using at work, Broadcast TV compliance/editing applications. The order was delivered next day so I couldn't grumble until I realised they had sent a completely different pair of Denon headphones. After emailing I received a reply within 30 mins with an apology and an authorised return number. I sent them back that same day and received my original D501's within 24 hours of receipt of return. They also refunded the initial delivery to cover the return postage.

We then had a problem with the Denon's as they were incredibly low in volume and useless for what we needed them for. Without question and again after a fast response they provided another return number and I then ordered the Shure SRH240's. I half expected problems due to the Denons being hermetically packaged, which was destroyed in order to get into them, but it wasn't questioned when I made the point in my email. The replacement Shure's were received just as quick.

After they agreed to replace the Denon's I also placed a personal order for a pair of AKG K272 HD, which are incredible. Again no problems and all very polite and super quick.

Throughout the order I mainly dealt with Jamie and sometimes Ben, who were very polite and overall great to deal with. I for one highly recommend them. If this company at one time had issues it would seem they may have made necessary improvements.

I'm planning on placing another personal order for in-ear phones for my iphone and it's highly likely they will receive orders for others in the team at work as and when they need replacements.

No complaints here.

p.s the only thing I would say is if anyone is thinking of the ATH Pro5 then best avoid - they offer a great sound but are painful to wear.

I just received my Denon AH-D2000s in the mail. It was listed as out of stock and today's 14 days since I ordered it. I was told it'd take 5-10 days to restock when I placed the order, but it's still listed as not in stock on the site. I also didn't receive a notification when the item was dispatched so I was sort of surprised (but happy =D) to receive it just now.

well, what a surprise, at 13:40 it arrived - on a sunday! the royal mail must be paying some overtime..

The unfortunate thing is that it's supposed to be a birthday present, so my wife won't let me try them for 3 more weeks :-(

Hopefully I'll be able to 'test' them, but we'll see.

Conclusion from this exercise, so far, is that iHeadphones' service is very good, hopefully we won't need to find out what their returns is like.

ttfn

I'd test them before the week is up! Just in case there is an issue - best to get it cleared up now!

good luck.

Well I'll see what they're like as just ordered a pair of westones from them. Chose next day delivery so should get them lunchtime wednesday hopefully.

What are the conditions like for rma's? I'm assuming I can't just return them if I don't like them? Tbh that was one of the reasons that I put off ordering these for so long. Just didn't like the idea of buying blind.

Oh and does anyone know what courier they use?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Well very impressed with them. Emails were responded to quickly. Received the westones I ordered today at 11:00pm. Would quite happily use them again :)

Smooth efficient service for me. Ultrasone Pro 900s delivered next day as promised.

I'd be very happy to use them again.

It seems they have improved quite a bit. The tone really changes between the start and end of this thread. I just ordered some Ultrasone HFI 680's from them. Should be here tomorrow or the day after.

Will keep you updated :)

Seems my order messed up. However, I got in contact via email and had it cancelled and a new one placed within about 5 minutes. Seems support is open after it is technically closed!

Ordered a pair of Jays d-Jays yesterday around lunchtime with next-day delivery, arrived today. Really happy with this shop so far, and the headphones are even better!

ordered audio technica ath-a500 yesterday at 9am.

on my desk this morning at 9am.

Sorry for the long post, this is my experience with them, starting from the bottom, judge for yourself:

Code:
Hi Ben,

If I knew how you treat your customers (or read the reviews about you), I would have 
never considered purchasing anything from you. I will post our email exchange on 
the sites so other customers will know what to expect from you.

This is the most unpleasant shopping experience I've ever had, congratulations!

Best regrds,
Catalin  

----- Original Message -----
To: ****@lycos.com
Sent: Thursday, 1 July, 2010 08:51:20 GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: Re: iHeadphones: Customer Enquiry

Hi Catalin,
your order has been cancelled and refunded. Initially it was a high  
fraud risk order, hence the complications. We do not wish to enter  
into a sales contract with you. Your order has been cancelled,  
apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Ben
iHeadphones
[url=http://www.iheadphones.co.uk]Headphones SALE | ipod Headphones, Sennheiser Headphones, Wireless headphones[/url]

On 30 Jun 2010, at 23:48, ****@lycos.com wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> This must be a joke, right?
>
> I'm struggling to get an answer to my question in the first e-mail  
> (if the document I sent you is enough as proof of my credit card)  
> and after two days I'm asked what is the question?
>
> I'm waiting for a reply that never came and when I'm trying various  
> addresses (there is no telephone number on your website) I'm told  
> that "When you send us an enquiry, you only need to send it once" !
>
> In my last e-mail I said "If you cannot answer my question I'll  
> cancel the order" and your reply is "Your refund has been processed" !
>
> It looks to me that nobody bothered to understand my e-mails and you  
> answered as like you are happy to get rid of a customer. This is  
> definitely not a Customer Service and I wasted more time than I  
> expected with this purchase and you are now telling me that you  
> decided for me to cancel the order !
>
> I demand that my enquiry is reviewed by your Customer Service  
> Manager or by your Sales Manager and I will get a signed reply from  
> one of them.
>
> Regards,
> Catalin
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: ****@iheadphones.co.uk
> To: ****@lycos.com
> Sent: Wednesday, 30 June, 2010 15:16:06 GMT +00:00 GMT Britain,  
> Ireland, Portugal
> Subject: iHeadphones: Customer Enquiry
>
> Thank you for your interest in [url=http://www.iheadphones.co.uk]Headphones SALE | ipod Headphones, Sennheiser Headphones, Wireless headphones[/url]
>
> Below is the answer to your question submitted on 06/30/2010
>
> QUESTION:
> Order # 105617
> Order Date: 06/28/2010
>
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I think it is unacceptable the way I have to chase my order and this  
> is my last try to get an answer on the status of my order (see all  
> previous correspondence). If you cannot answer my question I'll  
> cancel the order and I'll post my experience with your store on all  
> the forums/review sites I can find. I will also let Sony know my  
> experience with you when I have tried to buy their products.
>
> Still waiting for your reply (you can use also an alternate e-mail  
> address: *********@yahoo.com),
> Catalin
>
> ANSWER:
> Your refund has been processed. Once we have processed refunds it  
> usually takes your card issuer 3 working days to have the money back  
> available on your card. When you send us an enquiry, you only need  
> to send it once.
>
> Please feel free to get back to us for any further assistance.
>
> Best regards,
>
> iheadphones
> [url=http://www.iheadphones.co.uk]Headphones SALE | ipod Headphones, Sennheiser Headphones, Wireless headphones[/url]
>
> PO BOX 9657, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 9HA
>
> =========================================================
>
> Thank you for your interest in [url=http://www.iheadphones.co.uk]Headphones SALE | ipod Headphones, Sennheiser Headphones, Wireless headphones[/url]
>
> Below is the answer to your question submitted on 06/30/2010
>
> QUESTION:
> CAN SOMEBODY ANSWER MY QUESTIONS ???????
>
> Hello,
>
> Can somebody please reply to my message?
>
> Regards,
> Catalin
>
> ----- Forwarded Message -----
> From: *****@lycos.com
> To: *****@iheadphones.co.uk
> Sent: Monday, 28 June, 2010 21:26:29 GMT +00:00 GMT Britain,  
> Ireland, Portugal
> Subject: Re: iHeadphones: Order Information # 105617
>
> Order # 105617
>
> Hi,
>
> I have received the email below from you. It is the first time I  
> receive such email and if I knew about it I would have choose  
> delivery to my home (same as billing address). I attach a pdf with  
> my credit card statement showing the amount paid to you as pending.  
> Please confirm it is enough and I hope delivery was not delayed due  
> to these extra checks.
>
> Waiting for you soonest reply,
> Catalin
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: [email][email protected][/email]
> To: ****@lycos.com
> Sent: Monday, 28 June, 2010 20:19:09 GMT +00:00 GMT Britain,  
> Ireland, Portugal
> Subject: iHeadphones: Order Information # 105617
>
> Thank you for your order from iHeadphones
>
> Order # 105617
>
> There have been security issues with your order and our accounts  
> department are currently looking into the matter further.
>
> In order to help us out it may be necessary to send us some form of  
> indentifaction, we would need to see some evidence of your name  
> being linked to the address e.g. a utility bill/ drivers licence  
> etc. You can scan and email it to [email][email protected][/email].
>
> The best way to contact us is through the form on our website:
> [url=http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/shopcustcontact.asp]Headphones SALE | Skullcandy, Sennheiser and ipod Headphones | iHeadphones[/url]
>
> Best regards,
>
> iheadphones
> [url=http://www.iheadphones.co.uk]Headphones SALE | ipod Headphones, Sennheiser Headphones, Wireless headphones[/url]
>
>
> ANSWER:
> What is your question?
>
> Please feel free to get back to us for any further assistance.
>
> Best regards,
> iheadphones
>

I presume you were trying to get a delivery to an address that was not the same as your credit card address. It's standard for retailers to decline delivery to other addresses unless that address is also known to the credit card company. Otherwise people could use your details and defraud you.

OK there are exceptions and some companies are willing, mainly for low value items.

You don't come across too well in the email exchange "I demand that my enquiry ...." is not helpful.

What are you after compensation?

You don't come across too well in the email exchange "I demand that my enquiry ...." is not helpful.

What are you after compensation?

You are right about the delivery address, is my office where I get almost all purchases delivered (including a laptop few weeks ago). I understand that some sellers take extra care when delivering to a different address, it is their right, but they should either refuse such orders or explain that this may delay the delivery (especially for "next day delivery" orders). Or at least check the email and reply.

I don't care about any compensation and I don't see any reason why I should ask for a compensation, all I wanted was a professional reply "sorry for the delay, your proof of address is (is not) acceptable and the goods have been dispatched (we need additional details)". I admit that I lost my patience when I "demanded" but this came only after my card was charged, order delayed and my emails ignored (no telephone contact). Anyway, after their last reply, I'm now convinced that this is their way of doing business and not just my bad luck.

I suppose that if you don't have a problem they will deliver a reasonable service but almost everybody else does the same. The difference is when you do have a problem, some will treat fair and polite as a customer while others will just ignore you.

After reading the email transcript, I realised there many things which seem wrong.

How dare he, not ship the item after the automated computer system processed your credit card ? :nono:

How dare he, not replying to your enquiries as though you are less important than the other few thousands of purchasers ? :nono:

How dare he, question the validity of your shipping address ? (A credit card with address in the UK vicinity may also have a perfectly valid delivery address in ie. Nigeria) :nono:

How dare he, follow company policy and place your order in the "high risk" category ? (He should have just send the item and risk been disciplined). :nono:

How dare he, not submit to your DEMANDS and bow in reverence. :nono:

:lesson:

Dear J888www,

Your style seems so familiar, have we exchanged emails few days ago?

How dare he, not ship the item after the automated computer system processed your credit card ? :nono:

The automated computer system is set by the company so you cannot say "I didn't charged the card, the system did it!". Also if a company wants to choose the customers they don't charge them, they first wait to see if the customer comply with the high standards and only afterwards take their money. BTW how do you know they have a automated computer system to process the cards?

How dare he, not replying to your enquiries as though you are less important than the other few thousands of purchasers ? :nono:

????????????? If a company cannot cope with the volume of orders they should hire staff rather than ignore customers.

How dare he, question the validity of your shipping address ? (A credit card with address in the UK vicinity may also have a perfectly valid delivery address in ie. Nigeria) :nono:

How dare he, follow company policy and place your order in the "high risk" category ? (He should have just send the item and risk been disciplined). :nono:

Sorry, it seems that, same as the person who replied to my emails, you don't read properly before answering. I mentioned that it is the company's right to deliver or not to an alternate address and check whatever they want related to the payment. My point is that customers should be informed about this "company policy" so they can decide if they still want to place the order.

After my card was charged by a PO Box/no telephone company that didn't reply to my emails I also thought about i.e. Nigeria.

My conclusion, I didn't follow "my policy" to avoid "high risk" sellers (no published contacts) and I have paid the price. Everybody else will understand what they want from my experience.

Nope, we've not exchanged anything. I only registered here a few days ago, seeking a suitable headphone from a trust-worthy seller. In fact I have already learned something from your email. Please do not take offence, as I normally jest at others' Posts in all Forums. :devil: You may just come across this sad monkey in other places.
Please read my signature.
Regards.

Don't personally think there was anything wrong with their response to you. Appreciate they should probably have replied sooner than 2 days but I think your manner was less acceptable than their frankly! Sorry!

I would also like to post my experiences of iHeadphones. I ordered v-moda remix remotes. They arrived very quickly the following day. Excellent service, except when I had opened them up, I found they were not the incorrect model. As it was after 6pm, I had to wait for a response to my email, which I got at 8am the next morning (Friday). I returned the headphones that day, and the correct pair were with me by the following Wednesday. They also emailed me pretty much every day with an update.

Despite the initial packing error, they dealt with me in a courteous and professional manner and problem resolved quickly. Don't be put off by the odd poor review.

As the OP was dated in 2008, I surmise that it is no longer relevant as staff changes, operational system optimised, etcetera.
Companies are here to maximise profit, to have bad feedback/poor customer support in such a competitive market would only be suicidal. Also, there are many avaricious "punters" in society who would not have second thoughts of "trying it on", to the dismay of legitimate retailers.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd bump this a little. Had great service from them with the original order. However beginning of this week my pair of westone's broke (nozzle on the side came off when swopping a tip out!). Emailed Iheadphones, filled out the rma form and sent them off. Got the replacement set back today. Quick communication and problem sorted easily. Would definetly use again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom