Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IHeadphones.co.uk experiences

Discussion in 'Headphones & Portable Music' started by smogonthetyne, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdb123

sdb123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,239
    Another new fourm member hammering them....:suicide:
  2. hot-fuzz

hot-fuzz Active Member

Ratings:
    +602
    Is there a reason for that?
    Is it people register to complain about their experience or a more synical reason ??
  3. sdb123

sdb123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,239
    It seems too much of a coincidence to me that there have been three new members all posting in this thread within a short space of time with nothing but bad things to say.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen however I am a little cynical over some of the contributions on this thread.
  4. smogonthetyne

smogonthetyne Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Perhaps it's a just a case of these forums being the best outlet for people to share experiences, good or bad?
    I see nothing cynical in that, just people wanting to create awareness of what can be a very shoddy company to deal with.
  5. lyndagw

lyndagw Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I must say that I did join AV to complain about Iheadphones. Having had issues with them, I googled reviews and it brought me here.

When I read that I was not the only one to have issues I decided to log on and add to what had been said.

I am not a rival business and did have genuinely terrible experiences with Iheadphones.

I did start by saying that it would seem from other reviews that if everything goes OK then they are fine. Service however is about when things go wrong and with these cowboys there is simply no service at all.

"John" is a particularly nasty individual but if you enjoy having your money taken against instruction, being sent the wrong item against your instructions, having abuse by email and never getting anything resolved (or your goods, or your money back). Shop away!

In the meantime I am writing to their suppliers and lodging complaints with various bodies as this was one of the worse experiences I have ever had.

You know what, mistakes happen. I get that, But these people are nasty and abusive and far from these complaints being suspicious I would stop ad wonder why, after a customer pointed this out to them, there are SUDDENLY so many good reviews. Just a thought!
  6. Duckworth

Duckworth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never bought from iHeadphones and after reading this forum, do not intend to. I was looking to buy WeSC Oboe headphones, anyone have any recommendations for a decent/ secure site to buy from?
  7. sdb123

sdb123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,239
    I'm sorry you had/are having a bad experience....it's never nice.

I base my opinions on my own experiences; I have purchased three (expensive) items from iHeadphones and have been pleased with each purchase.
  8. jinxsi

jinxsi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered from this co and after not receiving a confirmation e mail wondered if they were a scam co. So googled and got this thread. After reading the thread I wonder what will happen. I suppose since I have not received any contact at all things have started badly - we shall see.
  9. hot-fuzz

hot-fuzz Active Member

Ratings:
    +602
    When did you order, where are you from (UK ??) and what postage method did you use?
    I got mine next day after choosing the cheap method of postage and i ordered it at 3pm !!!!

:thumbsup:
  10. sdb123

sdb123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,239
    :facepalm:

What did you order? When did you order it? Where are you based?
  11. hot-fuzz

hot-fuzz Active Member

Ratings:
    +602
    Theres an echo in here ;) :D
  12. sdb123

sdb123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,239
    Really? I hadn't noticed....

:smashin:
  13. jinxsi

jinxsi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    received an e mail re my order early this am, so all's OK then. Maybe they switched the auto facility off over the new year.
  14. mato

mato Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Was thinking about ordering from them but it seems they don't even have a phone number! What's that all about?!
  15. hot-fuzz

hot-fuzz Active Member

Ratings:
    +602
    If people are paranoid make sure you buy on your credit card. You will then be covered if it does all go tits up.
  16. smogonthetyne

smogonthetyne Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm not sure how a thread that has now lasted 2 years, and which is primarily based on bad feedback, constitutes paranoia?
    The evidence is there, and I've been there and bought the unwanted t-shirt!
  17. sdb123

sdb123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,239
    That's your experience, which is very different to mine and others. As I posted before, there are always good and bad experiences with retail....
  18. hot-fuzz

hot-fuzz Active Member

Ratings:
    +602
    Its a real annoyance when something like that happens and i would be straight onto a forum to say something aswell.
    I though have nothing but praise for them having bought a couple of things from them with exceptional delivery times.
    Guess me and others are lucky, and others like you are unlucky. I used the word paranoid as i like many other shoppers on the internet are never 100% fully confident of giving a website alot of money without having the goods there an then. All i can say is protect yourself just in case. Use PayPal or a Credit Card.
    Im waiting for a refund on a returned item, and if i dont get it in the alloted 3 weeks i will be straight on the phone to MBNA and getting my money back. Simple.
    All you can do is not buy from them again and tell people that they are bad (which you are doing). That way they can only learn from their mistakes or risk going under.
  19. smogonthetyne

smogonthetyne Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I agree with you and Hot Fuzz that many have probably had good experiences of dealing with this ramshackle crew, however, when things go wrong, their level of customer service is absolutely appalling.
    Having dealt with many companies on an e-comm. basis, both professionally and personally, I understand what can constitute good customer service, and this company falls short every time there is a problem. This thread proves that.
    Personal abuse? Come on, that's unforgiveable!

I'm pleased your transactions have been great, but I speak for all those who have had problems, and they absolutely stink!
  20. elrexo

elrexo Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Ordered Audio Technica ATH-AD700 just before Xmas.
    Best price I could find on 'net (although they're £10 more now).
    Headphones arrived slightly damaged.
    Got a returns authorisation & sent them back.
    Replacements arrived within a week.
    Good communication throughout.
  21. The Hotspur

The Hotspur Member

Ratings:
    +51
    I'll share my experience.
    I've used them 3 times. Not had any issues with delivery, the goods themselves, Cancelling orders, returning goods, and getting refunds (that does take a couple of weeks).
    Personally, I would use them above other e-tailers even if the others were £10-15 cheaper purely as I've had good service.
  22. jth

jth Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ordered ad700's. Got the email saying that they got my payment and more info will follow, got no info, none, but about 5 days later my AD's arrived. If i had to complain, id recommend them to pack the goods better. Anyone with AD700's knows their package is kind off flimsy, and packing them in a cardboard "bag" is not too durable solution, as my AD's box wasn't in too good of a shape when i picked them up, nothing wrong with the phones thought, loving them.
  23. elrexo

elrexo Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I agree. That's why mine arrived damaged - just packed in a lightweight bubble bag.
    They packed the replacement set in a cardboard box!!
  24. jinxsi

jinxsi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    goods arrived today as ordered, so all appears well with my order.
  25. gamith

gamith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Ok, my birthday is coming up and I am after some bluetooth noise-cancelling headphones, and since I can't afford the Nokia BH-905s the next in line are the Sony DR-BT101s.

After some googling I found out about iHeaphones who are doing these for £53. Then, as this is a company I haven't heard about before now, I decided to do some research. I came across this and other, sites both condeming and praising iHeadphones.

It would appear that in the past 2007/8 they were rather poor, but have improved more recently.

So, I thought I would start this post and let people know how I get on.

Wish me luck :)

ttfn
  26. gamith

gamith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, order was placed last night, and this morning I had an email saying:
    'Order Date: 01/07/2010

Your order has been received and payment has been processed successfully.

We will update you shortly on the progress of your order.

Your invoice should be attached as a pdf file, if you have any problems opening the file Adobe Reader can be downloaded free of charge from - Adobe

Please feel free to get back to us for any further assistance.'

Aside from the date being in US format it all looks normal & Ok so far. I guess the real test would be when things go wrong, as people have said prior to me.

Fingers crossed.

ttfn
  27. jwvdo

jwvdo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just to add my two penneth,

I ordered from them for AD900s, which aside from being packed in a plastic coverall bag (the AD900s were in a box that I wouldn't call sturdy), it arrived the next day after ordering. I got my confirmation of payment e-mail, and dispatch notification, along with the tracking number.

I buy a hell of a lot of things over the Internet - from my experience, this is one of the better sites I have had to deal with.

Jeroen
  28. gamith

gamith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update:

received an email just after 2pm today:
    ------------------------------------
    'Order No. xxx
    Order Date - 01/07/2010

Tracking No. <a tracking ref>
    Delivery Method - Royal Mail 24hr Special Delivery

Your goods have been despatched on a Royal Mail 24hr Special Delivery Service, please ensure that there is somebody present at your delivery address to sign for the goods.

Please feel free to get back to us for any further assistance.'
    ----------------------------
    The royal mail website doesn't list it yet, but that's hardly surprising.

ttfn
  29. sdb123

sdb123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,239
    It won't list it until the package hits the processing hub.
  30. hot-fuzz

hot-fuzz Active Member

Ratings:
    +602
    I jsut got my refund, about 3 weeks after posting it which is the time they state on their site.
    All round very happy with the service.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.