Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I heard that it's possible to rerecord on DVD-R discs. Is this true?

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Artmuzz, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Artmuzz

Artmuzz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been having an argument with someone I speak to on MSN and he tells me that he is able to delete shows and rerecord shows on his Panasonic DMR-EZ25EB DVD recorder with using only normal DVD-R discs but I told him that it is impossible because the only disc one can rerecord on are DVD-RW or DVD+RW discs but he disagrees with me. He reckons that he rerecords shows and deletes shows on a DVD-R disc.

To settle an argument is it possible to rerecord shows and delete shows on DVD-R discs as long as they are not finalised because I find that hard to believe.

Please advise
  2. noiseboy72

noiseboy72 Reviewer

Ratings:
    +550
    Yes, you can "delete" the files. They remain on the disc, you just can't see them in the menu! The disc will steadily fill up because as you rightly say, once you have re-coloured the pigment with the laser, thats that.

I guess you are both right, depending on your point of view!

I have heard of people sending secret files to each other this way, as they do not show up on the menu, but can be recovered with a simple piece of software.