1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax HDR Freesat Remote Control Problems

Discussion in 'Freesat' started by Scorp1on69, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Scorp1on69

Scorp1on69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, I am a Noob to this forum and just recieved my Humax HDR on Tuesday. I am overall impressed with the setup, I just need to shake 17 years of using a Sky remote out of my system.
    I read a lot of people complaining that the remote control is very slow and has to be pointed directly at the unit for it to work.
    We may all need to go into test mode here !!!!
    I noticed I was pressing buttons several times and the Humax didnt respond, However my kids remote toys which are well out of line site were going mad - switching on / off etc...
    I then opened the front flap on the Humax and hey presto I can now point the remote in any direction in my living room and it works fine.(all be it a little slow going up and down the guide page, that must just be slow)

My experiments so far----- I took a small piece of the protective film that was on the front panel and sanded it untill it was very dull. I put this on the front of my Humax over the area where the remote reciever is. This seems to help. I think the front of the Humax box is so damn shiney it is reflecting the signal.

Has any one else experimented like this and found a good answer.

I appologise if I have covered something already in this forum, but If not I hope this helps us all.
  2. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr Active Member

Ratings:
    +652
    I am also noticing the remote is slow to act, altough I didn't remember it being that bad when I first got it. I will try this method and see how it goes.
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,067
    There is a very hard to spot second protective film over the display under the flap. Leaving this on adversely affects the remote control performance