1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax hdr-fox t2 box not recognising remote control

Discussion in 'Freeview' started by Flappers91, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Flappers91

Flappers91 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had my Humax box for about 3 months now, and recently when i try to use the remote the box is not reconising and i cant change channel or access my media. On occasions after about 10 minuetes it will randomly start working again. Any help on this is appreciated.

Cheers,
  2. winston2010

winston2010 Member

Ratings:
    +110
    Remove the battery cover from the remote and rotate the batteries with your thumb. Replace battery cover and try again.
  3. lbear

lbear Member

Ratings:
    +336
    1. Duff batteries
    2. Duff batteries
    3. Dirty terminals on batteries.
    4. Unlikely as it resolves but there is an option to change the instruction set that the remote and the box use. IIRC this involves a series of button presses but you may be accidentally pressing the sequence by repeatedly pressing the remote. This can happen if it is slow to respond because of duff batteries.
  4. luggsie

luggsie Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Weird, I was getting a similar thing on a HD-Fox T2 a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes the remote had got set to a different mode eg. TV or AUDIO as the buttons are a bit sensitive. Otherwise can it be downloading something ?

luggsie
  5. ajax100

ajax100 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I get the same thing. Had my box since beginning of August. For no reason the box stops responding to the remote. It is definitely not due to the wrong mode being selected. Pressing different function buttons often restores operation, tho sometimes this may take a while. A few times recently I've tried tapping the remote on my knee and this possibly restores operation, but I can't be sure. I've read a comment elsewhere that this works. There is most certainly something going wrong here and it needs to be pinned down. Is it a batch of remotes made at a particular time?
  6. lbear

lbear Member

Ratings:
    +336
    You may have accidentally changed the instruction set used by the remote control. You can try "resynching" the remote and HDR using the following (thanks to Gaseous Clay for reminiding me of the sequence in another thread):

1. Switch on your TV set and the Humax product that you wish to change the remote code.
    2. Make sure that any other Humax product that you do not wish to control is in Standby or powered OFF at the mains.
    3. Point the remote control towards the remote control sensor of the target receiver.
    4. Press and hold the 0 and OK buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds until the PVR button on the remote stays red.
    5. A message will appear on the TV screen:

6. Press a NUMERIC button (from 1 to 6) to select a different mode.
    7. A message confirming the change of Mode will appear on screen.

As you will see, it is quite possible to go into the change mode on the remote control and then not have a responsive unit.

The more obvious solution is the one everybody tries last - change the batteries!!!!
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. mrmulberry

mrmulberry Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I had the same problem. Solution whip out the crap duff original batteries and shoved in some new ones. Now works a treat!
  8. Pilgrim42

Pilgrim42 Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Actually, I've had this a couple of times with the HD Fox remote, and found you can reset the remote by simply dis- and re-connecting the batteries.This is after making sure the wrong source hasn't been selected by mistake. First remote I've ever had that does this.
    Mike.
  9. luggsie

luggsie Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I just had a similar problem on a TV, with its remote randomly not working or only sometimes, for a few clicks, when close to the TV. After changing batts. and trying a similar remote with the same results, about to check out the TV guarantee to do a return.
    However the problem turned out to be the remote for an unrelated Sherwood amplifier that was resting on its buttons, one button was getting pressed by its weight and it was pointing, as it happened, toward the TV. So it was an IR jamming problem.

luggsie
  10. Dinoco

Dinoco Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I just had this problem but I'm using a Harmony 900 with the RF as all my AV is in a cuboard under the stairs but had the same problem with standard remote so I as very confused. All my origional remotes we're stored in the same cuboard as it would apeer that as sugested above one of them must have had the button being pressed. I lined them all up and hay presto. Cheers luggsie for your post.