1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Freesat' started by Blu-rayx, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whatpassword

whatpassword Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Annoying thing happened this evening.

Wife and I were watching Grand Designs (Ch4) but due to a Tea & Coffee break had it on time slip. We had no other on going recording but at 10pm (also CH4) I'd set a timed recording which once commenced brought us out of the time slip and up to date thus losing the end of Grand Designs. I just automatically assumed the HDR would use the other tuner for the recording and leave us be. That needs addressing.
  2. mccg

mccg Member

Ratings:
    +16
    This is a known issue... but it is very annoying.

Timeslip gets abandoned whenever a recording stops or starts.
    I can see no technical reason for this, except when both tuners are now required for recordings.
  3. whatpassword

whatpassword Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks. Normally just record everything but the one time we use time slip....:(
  4. dejongj

dejongj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,353
    Hmm maybe I need to test again. Mine seemed ok with one recording and on timeslip last night. It wasn't until the second scheduled recording kicked in I was thrown out.

I do think humax should handle this more gracefully. On my toppy with mystuff I am at least given a choice at that moment as to which of the three recordings I want to cancel.

There are a few more things to tidy. I getannoyed by the inconsistency in deleting files. Sometimes it is select and scroll down. Other times it is opt+. And sometimes it is the red button. Why not use a single consistent way.
  5. Geoff_W

Geoff_W Member

Ratings:
    +10
    You can also catch the end of Grand Designs on C4+1 if you remember in time, as this programme often overruns its 10pm end time.

Geoff
  6. Bonzaimaster

Bonzaimaster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a good workaround but it's still poor functionality not to use the other tuner in the first place.
  7. petehb

petehb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know how to record a ITV HD program, when reserving a program for future recording on BBC 2 you see a hd logo indicating that the program is also broadcast in HD and you can then move to BBC2 HD channel and reserve for recording but because ITV HD is a red button service can you not select for future recording?

Pete
  8. 2pods

2pods Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I think if the ITV program is also broadcast in HD, selecting the "enter" on the normal ITV, gives you an option to record/watch in HD if available.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  9. petehb

petehb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just tried it tonight with the Piers Morgan program and it didnt, I thought that would happen for the BBC2 program but it didnt. Only got the box yesterday so still playing my only grouse is the manual which is pretty poor.
  10. Apollo11

Apollo11 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Sorry if this has been asked before but can anyone recommend an lnb that will work with this receiver. I should be getting mine tomorrow and no very little about what sort of dish or lnb will be suitable.

Thanks
  11. Philealing

Philealing Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am due to receive mine next week. I am sure that I have read that Humax supply it WITH an HDMI cable. Can anyone confirm this? The last thing I want to find is that I unpack my box when I return to France to find there is no HDMI lead.
  12. 2pods

2pods Member

Ratings:
    +6
    yes, there is a hdmi cable
  13. kar999

kar999 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I've set this programme to record tonight and I got the option to record in SD or HD. I pressed the HD option so I trust it will record ITV HD.
  14. petehb

petehb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How did you set it to record to get that option from the epg I didnt get the option, help please!
  15. kar999

kar999 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Went into the EPG and pressed OK at the Piers Morgan programme, then record and it came up with the option to record in SD and HD (2 boxoes came up) I highlighted the HD box and said OK... I've just checked and it is recording in HD (no red button pressing required).
  16. 2pods

2pods Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I meant to say :

Go to your program in the epg on ITV.

Press Enter/OK/select (I'm using a Harmony One so it may be different)

You should have a small menu asking giving you a choice to watch, record, record whole series.

IF the program on ITV is also being broadcast in HD, the display tells you and you can then select HD or SD.
    Not every prog on ITV is broadcast in HD, usually football.
  17. rapidone

rapidone Member

Ratings:
    +4
    No idea at all, ITV HD doesnt work for me at all, all I get is a black screen.
  18. petehb

petehb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks it works I was using the record button which does not give the option, still no mention in the manual.:clap:
  19. TarPot

TarPot Member

Ratings:
    +151
    I have upgraded the HD in my Foxsat box to a 1tb drive. I've put the HD that was in the PVR into a caddy and transfered my recordings back to the PVR from the old HD.

But I can't get my PC to see the drive I have put in the caddy. Could some one give me some help on how to do this please?

Thanks a lot.
  20. reghorse

reghorse Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Apollo. Like you just got the humax hdr and tried it with my 60cm dish and the Titanium 0.2db single and signals were 100/100.Then bought a 'Big Sat' 0.2db Twin LNB from Southern Satellite and very good. again 100/100 signal.
    Hope this helps.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  21. zAndy1

zAndy1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,292
    Do a factory reset, that will sort it out
  22. fil1973

fil1973 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well I was the proud owner of a FOXSAT-HDR for a total of 2.5 hours today. We have been experiencing difficulties with our sky+ for the past few weeks so decided to bite the bullet and see if our local currys had one in. They did and after 20 mins excitement driving home I switched over and booted it up. A it was scanning for channels, low and behold the list of all our missing channels started appearing, ITV, Channel 4 +1, more 4 , in fact all of the channels were there.
    After the set up I switched on to BBC1 and there it was, picture just about the same as it was on sky, flicking up and there was BBC2, up again................. oh dear no ITV1. So it is the same as sky, and yes after trying other channels this was the case (including BBCHD). So it seems that its our reception and not sKy as we first thought. An engineer is coming out from sky in 3 weeks (great service huh?) to look at it at a cost of £65. Not that I am expecting any progress. So my unfortunately I have decided that Freesat is not for me just yet.

I have a feeling my loss of channels is down to being a flat dweller and sharing a communal dish. I understand I don't have the option to record and view at the same time but am confused as to why I can't even get some channels. Any ideas?
  23. Kingymiller

Kingymiller Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Try going to the setup menu & have a look at the signal strength. Alternatively press in info button & in the bottom right hand corner of the info banner will be a signal strength indicator.
  24. Fairfield13

Fairfield13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem with sound on all channels other than the BBC HD.
    I have an Onkyo reciever,up to acouple of days ago sound level on all channels was fine at volume setting 30, then for some reason all channels other than BBC HD need to be on setting 60+, when i switch to BBC HD i am blown off me chair.
    DVD input is fine, so i assume it has something to do with PVR. Can anyone help? :lease:
  25. GasDad

GasDad Remembered (1964-2012)

Ratings:
    +766
    Are any of your neighbours having the same problems ?

You may of course be the only user of the dish and the problem could be as something as prosaic as a bird buidling a nest in dish etc.
  26. TeeDoubleUDee

TeeDoubleUDee Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Just got back after a week's holiday to find NONE of my scheduled recordings have been made :mad:. There was also no response from the remote till I switched off/on at the rear and let it reboot. The schedule list still shows the recordings I asked for (with past dates) so deleted them. It also shows future schedules for series recording, but not confident these will work either! Has my reboot solved the problem? Why did it freeze in the first place? Should I have left the box on ON or Standby? Why me?
  27. Isle of wight

Isle of wight Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I have a friend who's just had his installed and all works OK but no ITV HD. Looking in the HD programmes menu BBC HD is listed but again no ITV HD.

Sorry if this has already been covered but any clues??
  28. dejongj

dejongj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,353
    There's not much broadcasting on ITV HD, so that's the first thing to check on their website whether they have something on....

And with regards to the Sound levels on the Onkyo;
    1. Did you check the input levels in the Onkyo setup menu? You can adjust them for each input, and since BBC HD is in AC3 it is louder indeed...Slightly annoying but when using the appropriate sound field setting on the Onkyo can be reduced to hardly any difference...
  29. brian taylor

brian taylor Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This may have been asked before

I have just purchased a Foxstat HD plugging into my Panasonic LZD 85
    Would there be any improvement in upgrading the HDMI cable from the standard one supplied with the box to a Gold or Oxygen one

As just a bit concernded about picture quality

They seem to range from about £10 would there be any improvement as there was when I upgraded My Scart Leads on Sky
  30. SoftCentaur

SoftCentaur Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Dunno if I read this right, but if you are looking for the ' ITV HD' channel, there isn't one!

What happens is when ITV broadcast in HD ( for example, tonight at 20.30 Wild at Heart is available in HD and at 23.15 the Monty Python film is in HD ) when the programme starts, then the 'to view in HD press the RED BUTTON' icon appears.

If you set the EPG to record such a programme, then it will give you the option to record in SD or HD.

One thing that got me a little confused at first is that if you have set the EPG to record the prog in SD, then if watching 'live' pressing the RED BUTTON will not switch to HD mode.

Sadly, the handbook is rather vague in many areas.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.