Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax Fox T2 HDR Remote help (RM-F04)

Discussion in 'PVRs' started by Dave E, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Dave E

Dave E Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Hi

I wonder if someone with a T2 manual to hand could help me.

I own a Foxsat HDR, and bought an extra remote control, but when it arrived it is a T2 remote (RM-F04).

It works fine, but I can't program it to control the TV like the Foxsat remote does. So either the procedure is different, or the codes are different. Obviously I don't have a T2 manual to check, and Google has thrown a blank.

The Foxsat procedure is:
    Press TV button for 3 seconds until it lights up red
    Enter 3 digit code (129 in my case, for my panasonic tv)
    TV will go off, and TV button will flash twice, if the code was correct
    Press OK
    TV button will flash 3 times

If this procedure is the same, a list of panasonic codes for the RM-F04 would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

Dave

:thumbsup:
  2. brookheather

brookheather Active Member

Ratings:
    +891
    I use code 353 for my Panasonic TV. The HDR remote uses 3 digit codes and the HD uses different 4 digit codes - I can't remember whether the RM-F04 is for the HDR or HD model.
  3. Dave E

Dave E Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Thanks. 353 is listed in my foxsat manual too, so had already tried it.

The RM-F04 is for the T2 HDR. The RM-F01 is for the Foxsat, the only difference being the green "TV Portal" button on the former.

Does that procedure look the same?
  4. brookheather

Ratings:
    +891
    I'm confused - I checked my HD FOX-T2 remote and it is also a RM-F04 model which means the instructions are wrong in the manual as it needs three digits instead of four. Maybe the wrong remote was included in the box - I got it cheap from Martin Dawes on eBay.

In any case one of these remotes is faulty - I have three RM-F04 remotes (two for HDR and one for HD) and one of them does not work with the remote control codes - it is supposed to double flash after entering the third digit and it doesn't - check whether your remote does a double flash after entering 353 - this code works on all four different Panasonic TVs I have.

- Simon.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Dave E

Dave E Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Cheers Simon I must have a faulty one - definately won't accept the codes...

Whats your point? :confused:
  6. humps

humps Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I just bought a RM-F04 off ebay. According to Humax FOX-T2 online manual it is the remote and should use 3 digit codes. But hell no! After a lot of googling and trial, I know my version of RM-F04 uses 4 digit codes. I went to town and checked EACH humax HD box manual and ta da! iHDR-5050C's manual has all the 4 digit codes at the appendix here http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/new_manual/UM_iHDR5050C_400GB_10-0618.pdf

It worked on my Pioneer TV and the procedure is slightly different. After the 4th digit, press OK and it'll blink 3 times and it is ready (and immediately sends a pwr on/off signal)

Good luck!
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  7. Dave E

Dave E Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Legend. Thanks so much for this. Works spot on. I've no idea how you found this out... I googled for ages. Guessing we bought a remote from the same seller then ;)

brookheather - this might be your answer too! :)

Cheers :)
  8. brookheather

Ratings:
    +891
    Thanks just tried it again - yes my HD remote does use the 4 digit codes - you have to press OK after each code to then test it - it doesn't send a power off after entering the 4 digits as stated in the manual which makes it slower to find the correct code. I found 1636 to be the most functional code for my Panasonic TVs - mostly working apart from the info button. Haven't found a code that also enables the info button.

So although the remotes are labelled the same there is obviously some internal firmware difference depending on which model they were shipped with - I wonder if there is a master code that will switch from 3 to 4 digit codes?

- Simon.
  9. Dave E

Dave E Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Who knows - I'm happy now - working a treat. :D

(My 4 digit remote did send a power off signal to the TV!)

Cheers all. :smashin:
  10. bigmin

bigmin Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Try using the "list" button to access "info". I have a T2 and a Panasonic TX32LZD85 TV and this works for me using 353 as the code.
  11. XTR0

XTR0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I must have had the 4 digit codes in the original manual as I remember setting up my old amp ages ago. Anyway the manual I downloaded just has three digit codes, when I came to set up my new amp...no joy !

I thought I was going mad until reading this thread the 4 digit codes work a treat with my Cambridge Audio 540R (code 1647) fantastic.

I can't believe humax wouldn't put both 3 and 4 digit versions in the manual. Very strange indeed !

I'm going to route out my old manual just for sanitys sake.

Now what I'd really like is the receiver volume to punch through on the remote say when in dvd mode shame there is not a theatre mode button.
  12. Dave E

Dave E Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I'll try that, I couldn't get my 640r working with it !! :)
  13. brookheather

Ratings:
    +891
    I agree it would be a nice feature on the Humax remote but you usually have to step up to a "proper" universal remote like the Harmony to get these features.

- Simon.
  14. mrb36

mrb36 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mr Humps - what a star, I was about to throw a hissy fit when I came across your info - heaven knows why Humax have allowed different versions of the same remote.

Thanks again :)
  15. markscotford

markscotford Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just to clarify what has been said. Foxsat HDR remote is model RM-F01, Foxsat T2 HDR remote is model RM-F04, Foxsat HD remote is model RM-18.

Some HDR remotes use a 4 digit code, some use a 3 digit code, for operating other equipment.

To find remote codes you need, goto humax web site www.humaxdigital.com - Support - Download Centre - RCU Code List

Download the pdf with the same file name/number as the one printed on the sticker inside the battery compartment, of your HDR remote control.

Sorry if this has been all said before, I am new to the forum.