Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humax 9150 freezing

Discussion in 'PVRs' started by BARRY2010, Feb 20, 2012.

1. BARRY2010

BARRY2010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Having read good reports from 'Which' I purchased a Humax 9150 from Richer Sounds. It was a display unit and came without a manual although the protective film was still on the front of unit so assumed it would be ok. Tried to used Auto channel search several times. Most channels were there except BBC & ITV channels. On investigation the signal on BBC was weak but it was BBC Midlands & I am in London reception area. I tried going to default settings but I knew would include an auto search. This worked and all channels were fine. However having set up m/c to record various programmes it failed to record some of the programmes and later on while recording the m/c froze. It also froze the next day and failed to record any further programmes until the m/c was turned off at the mains. a message appeared when turned on again which read 'Loading version 4.7' Has anybody got any ideas please?
  2. nvingo

nvingo Active Member

Ratings:
    +341
    For a .pdf of the user guide look here, and for information on the current firmware here.

Freezing is likely (if not a hardware fault) to be due to a combination of out-of-date firmware and receiving a particular channel.
    To recover if the freezing always occurs within a few seconds of switching on or changing to a particular channel, power off the PVR, remove the aerial input, start up the PVR and perform a defaults setting (all user settings eg. aspect ratio, jump buttons, favourite channels, future recording timers will need resetting later after tuning in, but recordings on the HDD will be retained). Then power off, reconnect the aerial, restart and tune in. Manual tuning is the preferred method with Humax PVR9xx0 machines if there is any likelihood that channels from multiple regions/transmitters may be received - it is important to Freeview+ recordings that channels stored at the primary LCNs are from a common transmitter.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  3. BARRY2010

BARRY2010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nvingo, Thanks very much for the advice and ideas. I'll give them a try and hopefully they will sort things out