Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTC Repair Centre

Discussion in 'HTC Mobile Phones' started by RedAl, May 11, 2011.

1. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Member

Ratings:
    +85
    Sent my phone off today.

It's now the waiting game....
  2. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Member

Ratings:
    +85
    My phone was received by the repair centre yesterday morning. It's waiting to be "screened" apparently.

Would be interested to hear from others on how long their phone spent in each phase of repair etc. I've read some horror stories about the phone spending weeks at each stage.
  3. RED_

RED_ Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I broke the LCD and had it sent of around the end of June and i got the phone back about 3 weeks later. It felt like ages after the 2 week stage because it was a small crack in the LCD. To be fair to them though, the big waiting happened before i had paid. As in they got the phone, spent about 2 weeks "Analysing" it, sent me a bill, i paid and then within a few days the phone was repaired and sent back to me. So it wasn't too bad. The price was a joke and i feel cheated but then it was my fault for breaking the screen in the first place.
  4. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Member

Ratings:
    +85
    My phone is still "awaiting screening" and has been since Tuesday morning. Hopefully the status changes this week, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.
  5. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Member

Ratings:
    +85
    Just thought I'd post an update of my situation so it helps others with regards to timescale etc.

24-08-2011 - 09:57 - Despatched by repair centre
    24-08-2011 - 09:57 - Packed ready to be sent
    24-08-2011 - 00:44 - Repair completed
    23-08-2011 - 16:07 - Final Inspection awaited
    23-08-2011 - 14:39 - Full test awaited
    21-08-2011 - 12:06 - At labelling
    21-08-2011 - 11:59 - Repair in progress with technician
    21-08-2011 - 10:11 - Repair started
    16-08-2011 - 08:00 - Screening awaited
    16-08-2011 - 07:59 - Unit Received at Repair Center

It seems the original delay at the start may have been because T-Mobile sent it off to HTC for a replacement motherboard etc.
  6. mcmi

mcmi Member

Ratings:
    +14
    After an initial false start due to UPS not turning up to collect the phone my experience has been fairly positive though not straight forward.

I was monitoring the UPS site and the HTC site, UPS confirmed delivery yesterday morning and the HTC tracker was updated and showed the phone in repair.

I checked the HTC tracker later yesterday and it had gone back to awaiting device and the UPS tracker said it had been voided, alarm bells started ringing.

I called HTC straight away and was told they had replaced the main board and it was on its way back to me!!

Had a text today from my wife to say it had been delivered.

Now just need to wait and see if it is actually fixed
  7. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Member

Ratings:
    +85
    Mine hasn't conked out again yet. I'm holding back from re-rooting at the moment incase it returns.

For anybody interested, here is a timescale of the process.

24-08-2011 - 09:57 - Despatched by repair centre
    24-08-2011 - 09:57 - Packed ready to be sent
    24-08-2011 - 00:44 - Repair completed
    23-08-2011 - 16:07 - Final Inspection awaited
    23-08-2011 - 14:39 - Full test awaited
    21-08-2011 - 12:06 - At labelling
    21-08-2011 - 11:59 - Repair in progress with technician
    21-08-2011 - 10:11 - Repair started
    16-08-2011 - 08:00 - Screening awaited
    16-08-2011 - 07:59 - Unit Received at Repair Center

I'm not sure why there was four or five days of doing nothing at the beginning, but everything seemed to happen quickly once it started.
  8. TJNewton

TJNewton Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi all I'm about to send my Desire off for repair and having read this thread needless to say I'm a tad worried.

As mentioned there has been an item on Watchdog about the appalling customer/ repair service and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they have made major improvements to the system and I won't suffer as so many others have.

It's being collected on Thursday by UPS then the countdown begins.
  9. MrMister111

MrMister111 Member

Ratings:
    +72
    Can I confirm that HTC phones in UK come with a 2 year warranty please?

About to buy a HTC Sensation XE possibly

Cheers
  10. 3T3L1

3T3L1 Member

Ratings:
    +81
    My Desire S has to go back with what sounds like the motherboard problem (it's going via T-Mobile so don't know if it goes back to HTC or just T-Mobile).

Whilst getting all of the bits together I found the box with the warranty in and it is 24 months for hardware (at least it was for my Desire S, bought in May).
  11. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Member

Ratings:
    +85
    I was pleasantly surprised at the service in the end. Hopefully you will have the same experience!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Yep, two years is the standard warranty for HTC handsets. Make sure you read all the small print both from HTC and the network concerned if you get the phone on a contract.

I think it will go back to T-Mobile originally and they will then send it on to the relevant party to be repaired. I think for a motherboard replacement it will have to be sent to HTC or some kind of partner company.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  12. Craggyisland

Craggyisland Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Hi,

I sent my phone away for a repair last week and received it back today. I was going to be coming on here to tell you of the quick service and positive experience. Sadly I can't.... It went in with a problem with the micro USB connector which may or may not be fixed. Sadly they have managed to put the casing back on incorrectly and now the power button doesn't work as well as before, it is recessed too far in the casing and the battery doesn't fit in properly.

Do they not do any form of quality testing on the work that is carried out? I know that they tell you not to send the battery back with it but couldn't they test it with a battery? It is now going back tomorrow, after a really frustrating time navigating their buggy website and then speaking to a customer service person, who was initially not too helpful but then became much more reasonable (after much frustrated sighing from me).

All in all I'm feeling thoroughly peeved. Makes me wonder if HTC after-sales support is a deal-breaker for future purchases...
  13. TJNewton

TJNewton Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Following up my recent post I am happy to report that the service I have received from HTC has been excellent.

My phone was collected on the 13/10/11 it was received and into the repair centre on the 14th and back in my hands today the 18th.

They have fitted a new motherboard under warranty which I was pleasantly surprised to get as I had bought the phone second hand on eBay. :smashin:

Obviously it's early days but everything is working ok at the moment.

It's nice to be able to report some positive news about HTC customer service.
  14. MrMister111

MrMister111 Member

Ratings:
    +72
    Can I ask how you proved it was in warranty if bought from eBay? I believe HTC in UK give a 2 year warranty. Be interested in this

Cheers
  15. TJNewton

TJNewton Member

Ratings:
    +10
    To be honest I had no idea if the phone was still in warranty but obviously they can tell by serial numbers etc when it was manufactured.

They do ask for proof of purchase so I included my eBay payment receipt.

So it does look like that as long as the phone is still within its warranty period even if you've bought it second hand they still honour the two year guarantee.
  16. mcmi

mcmi Member

Ratings:
    +14
    I didnt include any proof of purchase, was abit doubtful if they would repair due to this and also as I had rooted the phone...fair play to them though it was fixed and back in a matter of days. Been working fine since.
  17. gary36arms

gary36arms Member

Ratings:
    +0
    to be honest ive never had any problems with htc, ive just had to send my trophy 7 to htc for the third time since last november (first time was strange blemishes on the screen, second was a blown loudspeaker..). the loudspeaker went again so im under the impression they hadnt actually 'replaced' the faulty part first time. what scares me even more is the fact that ups only picked it up yesterday, i checked repair tracking at 16:30 to day to find it had been recieved/repaired/despatched all today. im thinking they havent even repaired it...
  18. $weetFA

$weetFA Member

Ratings:
    +133
    My Desire got picked up today. Oh the joys.
  19. Craggyisland

Craggyisland Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Well, I think that I've had enough of HTC. My DHD has been back to them three times (it was in for a faulty USB connector to start off with). Each time it has come back with a new problem. This latest time it has come back with the buttons on the bottom of the screen (home, back etc) not working properly, if the phone is flat on a surface they don't work at all. The screen doesn't feel as precise to the touch either. Also the camera and flash are now out of sync!?! Final problem on this one is that the signal is useless. Drops out to emergency only all the time (my girlfriend has the same phone on the same network and hers is fine at the same time 2-3 bars in the same location).

I now can't decide what to do. I've been escalated up the chain and they have offered me a 're-furbished' unit. However as this will be a unit that has been 'fixed' by the same idiots that have been carrying out the previous repairs I have no confidence that it will be alright. I can't decide whether to launch a small-claim against them or just take the re-furb and flog it on ebay straight-away.

I definitely won't be replacing it with another HTC. I've loved my phone, but the repairs are useless.
  20. TJNewton

TJNewton Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Sorry to hear about your repair woes Craggyisland but I'm wondering if it might depend on which repair centre it goes to as to whether you get good service or not.

As I said in a previous post I was lucky to get excellent service and my phone has been working perfectly ok ever since.

It was repaired by Regenersis in Huntingdon Cambs.
  21. budgie037

budgie037 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i got this phone from phones4u(big mistake there)in october11,dec23/12 it decides it doesn't want to show me my screen anymore.took it to phones4u who said its probably a warranty problem and they don't deal with these phones so i would have to ring htc myself and somebody would come and pick it up maybe repair it and send it back to me,after reading on another forum somebody had the same problem and they told them a minimum of£150 to repair it,or if he said no they would destroy it for him if he did not want it anymore,the guy said no send it back,they said sure £23 to send it back...w.t.f... i thought. now i do have insurance on it @£50 excess or do i try the warranty route.after reading on this forum and what other htc users have gone through,can anyone advice me what to do,i know i should have got a SONY.....
  22. $weetFA

$weetFA Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Speak to HTC first. You'll be covered for two years. As long as you've no water damage they should repair your phone.
    On the HTC web site get on the live chat explain the problem, hopefully, like they did with me when my screen went blank. They sent out UP's to collect my phone, which was just over a year old.
    Got it back within a week all sorted.
    Good luck, keep us posted.
  23. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Member

Ratings:
    +85
    This is correct.

As long as there is no water damage or no obvious sign of neglect from yourself, then HTC should honour their two year warranty.
  24. budgie037

budgie037 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    cheers sweetfa & jonnybravo1000,my wife phoned them today and ups coming tomorrow to collect it,got to take back cover and battery out and just send the shell,they seemed helpful enough,if they can't fix it they will replace it,we will see!
  25. budgie037

budgie037 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well my phone was picked up by ups on tuesday evening(27/12/11)and was returned fixed on friday morning(30th)got to be a record.seems to work ok,got to set it all up again how i had it,only thing that did not work was my 8gb micro sd card with all my stuff on it.kept showing that there was no mem card in there,tried my wifes out of her phone and works fine,looks like i have a faulty mem card.apart from that(fingers crossed)it will be ok...
  26. ivan777

ivan777 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I sent my phone to HTC repair centre. I asked to simply repare/replace the power button. They have found liquid damage and returned the phone. Liquid damage was done more than a year ago and the phone was working fine except power button broken few weeks ago. So, I just simply asked to repare/replace the power button! I could even pay for this, no problem. But they never contacted me about their finding with the phone, you just returned the phone. So, now I have to throw it away. Very disappoining!
  27. budgie037

budgie037 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ivan777 sorry to hear that about your phone,when my desire s came back i thougt it was ok.but i'm finding things arn't right with it,eg..keeps saying no mem card installed when there is,please insert sim card when there is,signal is hardly there,factory reseted and everything and still plays up,i've got this phone for another year and a half.i just bought a little htc explorer for work,and it works better than the desire!!i know what i wont be getting again when my contracts up!!
  28. brooksco

brooksco New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I sent my son's Htc in for repair as the phone was not holding its charge. I was then informed I would have to pay £71.00 for the perspex camera lens to be repaired. The phone had been checked out by the shop I bought it from and sent by them and neither of us saw a problem with the lens. They told me I could pay over £20 just to get it back or £71 to repair the lens and once the lens was repaired they would repair the charging problem. I argued with them to no avail for a couple of weeks but they would not budge. It seems like if you have a repair that is covered under the warranty then they invent something that isnt just so they can charge you. Anyhow, I gave in and paid them for the full amount and still havent received my phone back. Tried calling them and they say it will be sent when they have finished testing it, OMG how long can this take. Next time IPhone, at least they have great customer service.
  29. dudeney172

dudeney172 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have a widefire s, bought july 2011.. after about 9 months when i took photos with the flash on, the phone shuts down and would only only restart when the battery was removed and put back. i went to three shop and we sat down and went though everything and they could not find out what the problem was,, it was sent away,, returned within a week and the same problem, so it was sent back again, and now on the online report they say there is no fault, so i rang them on 0247 6648150, and i was told that this is a common problem with smartphones,,, and as the gent who answered the phone told me it happens to his phone which happens to be a blackberry.... now that really does install confidence...
  30. cirian75

cirian75 Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Sent my Sensation in as it was restarting all the time

Got it back

new mobo fitted

all seemed well, then I took it off the charger it does not seem to have charged the phone

It then very quickly died as the battery went

It won't even flash the orange light

completely dead

So ordered a genuine battery

next day got the battery, phone worked

would it charge, would it heck

The orange light can on and it and claimed to be charging, but was not

Tried both my HTC chargers, USB port on PC, nadda

2nd time Sent to HTC.

7 days later

phone returned no fault found

How ever, exact same fault claimed to be charging, but was not.

We all know the HTC monkey just plugged it in, saw the orange light and sent it back.

Back to HTC a 3rd time !!!

HTC say if its not fixed this time, they'll replace it during a live chat session.

So I took screen shoot and saved it.

They got it today.