Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTC Desire HD Contract Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'HTC Mobile Phones' started by DVD-Man, Sep 20, 2010.

1. The Elf 1988

The Elf 1988 Member

Ratings:
    +47
    With any luck they will get a big shipment in soon! My O2 contract lasts till the end of the month so its not the end of the world, but I don't want my PAC code to expire!
  2. Krank

Krank Active Member

Ratings:
    +453
    How many people have been declined by Phones4U for the 600mins/unlim texts/free phone deal? Got offered a below par deal instead which I refused. The card I used for the transaction has since been declined for other purchases and after phoning my CC company they were querying the £1 payment to phones4U. I guess this is why I was refused as I've since got the same deal with tmob through mobiles.co.uk with no problems but no free phone (and Quidco hasn't tracked :().

I wonder why they were highlighted as a possible risk?
  3. Krank

Krank Active Member

Ratings:
    +453
    Looks like my phones on it's way to be delivered tomorrow :D
  4. RED_

RED_ Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Mobiles.co.uk finally has mine in stock and they just gave me a tracking number so looks like i should get mine tomorrow. Cant play with it till the weekend though as im at uni. Cannot wait though! Thankfully my PAC code from O2 wont expire now and i can use it.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  5. The Elf 1988

The Elf 1988 Member

Ratings:
    +47
    I asked the TM customer service guy, and he claimed they are getting a shipment in the end of next week - I said will that be for all customers, or will they all be used up from others waiting, and he claimed mine would be out of it...
    Not sure whether to believe him or not though :p When i first asked, he asked me whether I had ordered mine or not, leading me to believe if I said no he would have claimed they were in stock...
  6. boris71

boris71 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    'RED' and anyone else that got one on T Mobile through mobiles.co.uk - what data package (cap) have you got. Havign been reading these boards, it was my understanding that direct with T Mobile, would give you 3gb, but going through a third party would only give you 1gb?
    There's also been talk of then contacting T Mobile and getting the 1gb made up to 3gb, but having just spoken to T Mobile CS, they say the only way you can get 3gb is by buying through them? Is this your experience?

Many thanks
  7. Krank

Krank Active Member

Ratings:
    +453
    I've just got my phone so haven't made the call but it seems it depends who you get on the other end of the phone, either that or they're clamping down. I'll give them a ring tonight.
  8. Krank

Krank Active Member

Ratings:
    +453
    Just phoned t-mobile to give them my PAC and asked about the 3GB internet but the operator said it would be an extra £5 a month as I didn't buy from t-mob. 1GB is enough for me but 3GB would've been nice
  9. shodan

shodan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,571
    Got an email from them today (mobilephonesdirect) saying that they still don't know when they are getting them in but will email me again next week and they might know by then!

Contacted CPW and placed an order which I should get on monday! fingers crossed....
  10. shodan

shodan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,571
    DHL picked it up from the CPW Lichfield depot at 19:19 yesterday... And as luck would have it, I'm off on monday! Woohoo!!! I'll be camping on my doorstep so they won't get away with carding me and saying I wasn't home...
  11. kato2010

kato2010 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    T Mobile still nooooooooo stock!!! Apparently htc cannot keep up with the demands and have'nt made enough of them! Thats the 9th excuse that they are now telling me.
  12. baginz10

baginz10 Member

Ratings:
    +171
    Hi I was wondering if someone can help me. I'm thinking of swapping my iPhone 4 for a htc desire HD. There's only one thing that's bugging me all of my music collection was all purchased from iTunes is it possible to transfer iTunes music to the desire HD? I wouldn't bother if it's not possible as it would be essential to have my music collection on my mobile phone. I'm a windows user if this makes a difference. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks
  13. SJRED_UK

SJRED_UK Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Just upgraded my contract on Orange. Free Desire HD, 24 month contract. Not only have they have doubled my minutes to 600 per month but they have reduced my monthly charges from £30 to £20 a month. So all in for 600 mins, unlimited texts and 500 Mg internet for £20 a month with the phone for free. I must say im very happy! :clap:.
  14. andy1000

andy1000 Member

Ratings:
    +66
    Was this a standard upgrade or did you have to go through retentions and threaten to leave?

I'm paying £25/month at the month for 400 mins/ultd texts/500mb net allowance (though a fiver of the amount is for the internet bolt-on) and ideally looking at reducing my monthly cost to £20 or less when my upgrade's due in January for roughly the same amount of everything I get now.

I wasn't particularly interested in the DHD before now, but having seen it instore today and seeing that deal you got, I could be persuaded to give it a go if I could get a similar deal :D

Cheers,
    Andy
  15. garreth64

garreth64 Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I decided to go for a contract Desire HD this week. Ordered online from mobiles.co.uk on Wednesday afternoon, arrived just as I was leaving for work on Thursday AM around 07:40 so didn't even have to leave a card and go fetch it :)

I paid £50 for the phone on the £25 x 24 month contract, but went via Topcashback.co.uk. The cashback of £50.50 has tracked successfully to be paid by 31/12 so the net cost phone is zero.

I had to call T-Mob to register the SIM, initial impression of their CS was very good, and I asked about the internet limit being 3GB and was told yes it is. :smashin:

Coverage on T-Mob seems very good at home and work (HSDPA), and I'm really loving the DHD so far and discovering all the things it can do, and how quick it is compared to my old iphone 3G.

Only negative so far is the battery life does seem a bit poor as regularly stated. Not a major issue for me as I don't travel a lot so never far from a charger, but I'm hoping I can get it to improve.

All in all very pleased :D
  16. Flash80

Flash80 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I am still waiting for my phone :mad:

Does anyone know of anywhere on the T Mobile site that says you get 3GB limit on this phone. The girl in the shop was sure it was only 1Gb
  17. Malky1903

Malky1903 Member

Ratings:
    +67
    I've got one of these coming on Tuesday (hopefully) as standard upgrade from Vodafone.

Free handset
    600 minutes
    Unlimited texts
    Mobile internet
    24 months
    £25 per month
  18. The Elf 1988

The Elf 1988 Member

Ratings:
    +47
    It definitely says it, perhaps in the fair usage policy ?

I got a call from TM on friday saying they have them in stock, and it should be coming on Monday :clap:

Lets hope it does, will keep you updated :smashin:
  19. swiss_tony

swiss_tony Active Member

Ratings:
    +188
    Got mine today and went through phones4u (mixed reviews). I got a 24 month contract, £35/month, 1200 mins, unlimited txts and data allowance on Orange Dolphin. Phone was free and got £50 cashback.

Slick phone, and I prefer it to the iPhone I had for 18 months.
  20. SJRED_UK

SJRED_UK Member

Ratings:
    +2
    No It wasnt through retentions. The girl just offered to give me double minutes for no extra cost when I mentioned I might use more minutes because of my new job. She did say it was because Id been with orange 8 years or something. Either way im not complaining. The phones arrived this morning and had a quick play with it and it seems pretty solid! Impressed so far.
  21. andy1000

andy1000 Member

Ratings:
    +66
    Glad to hear you like the phone, and thanks for replying :)

I've been with orange for nigh on 8 years now I think and tbh was considering jumping ship as deals on other networks for a range of phones seem a lot better, but if I get an offer like yours when they call me about an upgrade (or I call them if I get impatient :rolleyes:) then they might actually tempt me to stay!
  22. Balzy

Balzy Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I just upgraded to the DHD today as well from Orange, went through the normal upgrades procedure and got offered this deal:

Free Handset
    800 mins
    300 txt messages (im not a big txter so thats ok for me)
    unlimited land line minutes (which is important as I make alot of landline calls)
    500mb of internet usage (coulad add an aditional 500mb bolt on for another £5 if required)
    orange care insurance (which i requested)

Total monthly cost = £33.50 @ 24 months

Alternatively there was 1200 mins, 1gb internet, 300 txts, unlimited landline minutes and orange insurance for £43.50 @ 24 months

The girl was very polite and offered me a whole range of plans and offers but I was limiting the budget to about £30ish so it works out well for me :) phone should be in tomorrow hopefully. Glad to join the DHD club.
  23. The Elf 1988

The Elf 1988 Member

Ratings:
    +47
    T mobile have sent my first bill through, but they have put VAT on top of the one off phone charge... any one know if they always do this or whether they have made a mistake? It seems pretty bad, as they quoted my monthly cost including VAT, but the phone cost without... if i had known this, it may well have made more financial sense to go for a more expensive contract per month with a cheaper phone, and I would have got more minutes as well...:mad:
  24. stevebombedout

stevebombedout Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just in case anyone is interested - after playing Orange and T-mobile off against each other a little I got offered this by T-mobile:

£105 payment up front for phone (happy to do this as it's going to be an xmas present from my wife)
    £20 per month contract
    + first month free

300 mins any network (easily enough for me)
    unlimited texts
    unlimited internet usage!

Total cost over 24 months will be (20*23) + 105 = £565 (I could have gotten the phone free and paid £25 a month but that would have come to £600).

Very happy with this indeed!

Steve.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  25. abs

abs Active Member

Ratings:
    +110
    Had a couple of deals offered to me. Firstly orange offered me 1200 mins unlimited text and 500mb internet for £24 pm over 24 months. Vodafone retentions offered me 600mins, unlimited text and 500mb internet for £22.50 pm. They were wanting £35 last month when I was due for an upgrade . Both decent offers with free phone . In the end bought a HTC hd off ebay and got a sim only deal from t mobile for £10pm, 600 mins, ultd text and 3gb internet and free landline calls. Was also offered sim only deal from Orange 1200 mins and unltd text and 500mb internet at £13.50 a month.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  26. _s79

_s79 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    e2save have a deal on at the moment on Orange;

500 mins + Unlimited texts + 500 Data
    Contract 24 months (6 months free)
    Effective cost £22.50 per month =£540
  27. golfmk5gttdi

golfmk5gttdi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

Read this thread with interest. I've been with orange since 1996 and have ammassed some loyalty points and am also due an upgrade.

The lady offered me. £20 per month (dolphin 25 (£5 discount), 24 month contract, 500 any network mins, unlimited texts and unlimited web (500mb fine for me) with a free HTC desire HD

I'm expecting a call back from her tomorrow to answer questions regarding the branding of the phone. I don't mind it being locked to orange sims only but i would prefer the oem HTC software/firmware rather than oranges 'tweeked' firmware.

I have to get to a phone shop to play/inspect/test a Desire HD

Thanks Ben
  28. deadmeat30

deadmeat30 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    I managed to pick up from vodaphone

900 anytime minutes
    3000 texts
    750mb data
    free handset

for £30 a month and free handset. Well chuffed :D Make a welcome upgrade from my HTC Magic
  29. Lanky0

Lanky0 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    any1 know if its possible to get a new contract with the following (not an upgrade):

500 or 600 mins
    unlim texts
    500mb internet

for £25 a month?
  30. Zanim

Zanim Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Got off the phone with Orange myself before. I asked for my pac code as Vodafone Twitter team had offered £20/month for the first 21 months then 3 months £25 for 600mins ultd texts + web usage.

The guy offered me first time 600mins ultd texts + 1GB of for just less than £19/month with insurance, without insurance it was £1 more so thought it was more than worth it.

Has anyone recieved an Orange phone yet and if so is it locked/branded?