HTC Desire Contract Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting

The first one is the one about 1/2 a mile away, the 3 one is about a mile.

Thanks again Stuart

If you stroll up to the street cabinet it will have a little sticker on it somewhere saying who the operator is.

best deal ive seen which suits me is

300 Minutes, Unlimited Texts & Unlimited Internet (24 Months) @ £25pm with the phone costing £50.99

Also this one i may go for, same as above but 100 Minutes and 18 month contract @ £25pm.

Only thing putting me off or making me unsure is the coverage of 3G/Internet in my areas

what about the T mobile £10 deal?

im pretty sure its:

100 xnetwork minutes
unlimited texts (booster)
unlimited web

£169 for the phone

anyone else think this is a great deal (if 100mins is enough for you per month)

though am like some of you i imagine am worried about the quality of T mobile 3g rather than just coverage?

im pretty sure its:

100 xnetwork minutes
unlimited web

£169 for the phone

though am like some of you i imagine am worried about the quality of T mobile 3g rather than just coverage?

This is the deal I am looking at too.

I was originally going to go with Vodafone because the T-mobile street checker showed poor 2G coverage for my postcode yet good for 3G :confused:

But both my wife and daughter have Virgin phones and have good signal strength so I think I will try T-mobile.

This is the deal I am looking at too.

I was originally going to go with Vodafone because the T-mobile street checker showed poor 2G coverage for my postcode yet good for 3G :confused:

But both my wife and daughter have Virgin phones and have good signal strength so I think I will try T-mobile.

Virgin piggy-back T-Mobiles network, so I guess after October T-Mob, 3 & Virgin will have identical 3G coverage. Remember 3 will continue to roam onto Orange for 2G coverage.

im pretty sure its:

100 xnetwork minutes
unlimited web

£169 for the phone

If you can get a 3G T-Mobile signal I reckon you should get a 2G signal too, looks a good deal, I think I'm going to go for £20 a month and free phone as its really just for the Web.

If you can get a 3G T-Mobile signal I reckon you should get a 2G signal too, looks a good deal, I think I'm going to go for £20 a month and free phone as its really just for the Web.

£20 a month/free phone..Is that 24mth contract?
I cannot find that on their website

A 2G 900/1800Mhz signal has better building penetration than a 3G signal at 2200Mhz.

£20 a month/free phone..Is that 24mth contract?
I cannot find that on their website

Its via Mobile Phones Direct, and sorry its £60 for a £20 month 18 month contract. 100 mins, 100 txt and unlimited web.

or £25.00 with unlimited txt and web, 100 mins, £50.99 for the handset.

Just got off the phone to t-mobile,on the £10 tariff the phone would cost £164
asked if they could do anythink on the price of the handset and she said £124.
Same discount for the £15 tariff aswell £40 off the price of the handset,not to sure which one to go for and if order Friday I will get it on the Saturday.
Hope they don't sell out

Ordered through tmobile website yesterday (business contract) and had a call today to confirm my credit check etc and was told they'll be arriving Friday and as a new customer i'll be in line to receive from the first batch.

I'm guessing this means delivery next monday at the earliest?

Went for the £20 tariff for 18 months (£60 refund from topcashback business contracts)

Can't wait!!

Just got off the phone to t-mobile,on the £10 tariff the phone would cost £164
asked if they could do anythink on the price of the handset and she said £124.
Same discount for the £15 tariff aswell £40 off the price of the handset,not to sure which one to go for and if order Friday I will get it on the Saturday.
Hope they don't sell out

SO they are taking orderes in now?

Will get mine ordered I think then~!

Just made my daily call to T-Mobile and they confirmed they will be taking telephone orders for them on Friday 26th ( if there are any left )

Hi mate is this an upgrade ?
most likely yea because im after for an upgrade. i have read somewhere how people who wish to upgrade, get the phones first.

It happened to the htc hd2. infact, thats where i read it. The phone was available for people who wished to upgrade it first.

My phones due an upgrade next month....And i came across the same problems...But....The lady i spoke to told me at anyone time people on T-mobile can have upto 4 extra lines on the original account.

So i've set up a new line ordered my desire at noon yesterday and then at the end of the month plan to pay off my other line.

Bit of a pain but im happy knowing that on Saturday i'll have a desire.

I've just ordered this phone direct with tmobile on a 24 month £15 contract with 100 mins talk, 100 texts, unltd internet and a booster of my choice and the handset cost was £20.

Definately getting this phone on T-mobile, but im not sure whether an upgrade or new deal would be best.

My contract doesnt with T-mobile doesnt run out until 30th of May. I havent upgraded before as i usually find a new contract or change operator but i'm looking to see what kind of deal they will offer.

I've tried ringing but they wouldnt give me any information before my upgrade date.

Is this how upgrades with t-mobile usually work? As my contract ends on the 30th of May i'd have thought i would have been able to find out deals beforehand.

Hi mate is this an upgrade ?

Yes, I will get the Desire and my OH is having an LG Intouch. Have been told we can stay on our 12 month contract and get both phones free.

Currently have 250 minutes shared, unlimited texts and Web N Walk plus on one of the phones. Pay about £60-£65 a month at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom