Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop albums from being split in iTunes ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps' started by DodgeTheViper, Nov 17, 2009.

1. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,197
    This is driving me nut's now.

When i import a CD into iTunes, it's splitting some of them up, so they appear as two seperate albums with the tracks divided over the two. Sometimes they show as one cover in iTunes library, but as two albums on my iPod. Then another one shows as two covers in the library.

I've tried checking all the info, with names etc, but i can't find the problem.

Can anyone help ?

Cheers
  2. spl23

spl23 Active Member

Ratings:
    +357
    Do they appear as separate albums by the same artist, or as albums with the same name by different artists?

In both cases, the fix is likely to be the same - highlight all the tracks on the album, right-click and choose Get Info, and update the Artist, Album Artist, Album and Genre. By selecting all tracks first, you make sure that exactly the same info goes into each file. I suspect that you have a difference in spaces or other invisible characters which is causing iTunes to split the album.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,197
    They're seperate albums of the same artist. It's one album split into two.

I've checked all the info, but as you say it could be an invisible character or space etc.

I'll check again.

Cheers
  4. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,197
  5. Caimbeul

Caimbeul Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Was this All same artist info and it was still splitting?

I have a number of Albums where itunes has decided that because 1 or 2 songs are by (for example) "Air/Beth Hirsch" rather than just "Air" ie: a collaberation, it decides to split things up. Very annoying. Using Get Info/Update Album info etc does nothing, only changing the artist name merges them...
    Any ideas?
  6. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,197
    I keep the Artist name the same. So if an artist is featuring somebody, i add that somebody to the song title.

At least i can still see that that song is a collaboration etc.

I then untick compilation, and keep artist the same. Works a treat for me ;)