How to revert back to original firmware?

reddevil63

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Recently bought a PSP 2003 from here and it had custom M333 version 5.0, something like that....but don't want to run homebrew or emulators...so how do I get it back to the official Sony firmware? I deleted the custom firmware file from the PSP and all the emulator stuff

According to system info the latest version is 5.00 which I believe is the custom firmware, under the PSP dashboard there is a icon with a red X through it which says 3.60...I can't delete that but if I click on it, it says version 5.00 is the latest version but I don't want this.

Anyone care to help please?

Is there a 'reset everything' button?

I just want to go back to what you would basically have if you bought a new PSP.

Go here...get the latest Official Firmware from that Download Now link on the right and follow the instructions that were on the first page on how to update your system software via the PC. Simple.

Following the procedure to download update via PC connected to PSP but says to create a file called 'PSP' on the memory stick duo...I can't find the stick within the files using the PSP as an external drive.

:confused:

EDIT: Sorted, was looking in wrong place!

Last edited:
Connect your PSP up via the USB cable - go to the Settings menu on the left hand side of the main PSP XMB - select the activate USB connection option. The removable drive should pop up.

Oh and once you've successfully updated go to the Settings Menu again and choose Restore Default Settings to format the PSP's internal settings the previous owner made.

Last edited:
Download the latest update from Sony to your PC
Format your memory stick on the PSP
Connect the PSP to your PC and enable the USB connection
Navigate to PSP’s drive letter, then to PSP\GAME and create a new folder called UPDATE
Now copy the EBOOT.PBP you downloaded from Sony to the UPDATE folder
When all done close the connection and remove the USB cable
Navigate on the XMB to GAME and memory stick and you should see the update
Run it

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom