Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to reset my philips tv

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Piram, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Piram

Piram Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I want to reset my philips tv model 32DW6557/05.
    the reason for this i want to tune freeviw program. I am unable to access digital menu using my remote. analogue mode works fine with remote, in analogue mode i can access install menu to scan for analogue program. but in digital mode i can't see the install menu.
    Manual says when the tv in factory default setting it will start scan both Analogue and digital program when i switch on the tv for the firstime. In this way i can get my digital channal tunned.

thanks any help in this problems.

Piram
  2. JayCee

JayCee Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,574
    There is no "reset" option on this model which uses the Philips A10E chassis with the infamous "Painter" Ic chip...just do a search of this forum using Painter as the search term and you'll come across many posts...the symptoms are many and varied when this Ic goes faulty...Crt flashover could also have corrupted the "Option Bytes" leading to no access to the digital menu.
    The option bytes can be reset but it is complicated and can render the set useless if done incorrectly...it's a job for an experienced technician.
  3. Piram

Piram Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you for your advice.
    Piram