1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get EPG on my Sony DVD recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Recorders' started by Alex100, May 1, 2007.

1. Alex100

Alex100 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

Sony RDR-HXD560.

I am unable to find any channels on the electronic programme guide which is preventing me from recording future programmes.

I can only record what is showing on the TV at the time - not much good. I have a samsung LCD tv and an Amstad sky digital box.

The DVD recorder will not store any programmes when is does it's set up. Could this be an aerial problem? I have only used start leads there are no aerial connections.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Alex
  2. oldnewbie

oldnewbie Member

Ratings:
    +181
    Freeview wont work without an aerial I'm afraid, for the best results you want an external one but if you are in a strong signal area you may get away with a internal aerial, then the EPG will work perfectly :thumbsup:
  3. bigtim

bigtim Member

Ratings:
    +79
    As above. This is a DVD recorder with built in freeview. You need an aerial to receive freeview.

You can record from your sky box via scart but, as you have found out, only the programme that is being shown on the box at the time.

There are no DVD recorders with satellite tuners to allow you to record programmes from SKY when watching a different one. You have to shell out the $ for SKY+