1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to contact Archos?

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Ged, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Ged

Ged Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I have tried to purchase the cinema ad on and the first page just comes back with messages about "not filled in" etc.
    I cannot log in either, the password and login are correct as they send that back in an email.
    The number to phone for tech support went dead after I entered the long digit password.
    Does anyone have a phone number to speak to a human?
  2. Thumper-Ross

Thumper-Ross Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ged - good luck if you can get hold of anyone. Their support is a total joke - I just bought the Archos 605 and wanted to get the plugins also - their website would not recognize my product key. Tried to phone support and like you was bumped off. Eventually did get hold of someone after 20 mins on hold and then the call ended for no reason.

In the end I went through my archos, over wifi and bought it that way. Make sure you have your country region set in your settings otherwise it will keep coming up blank when you go to buy it.

Try that and hope it helps
  3. Ged

Ged Member

Ratings:
    +19
    That is what I evtually did.
    It seems you cannot access your account on the PC, even though you can visit the site and attempt to purchase stuff.
    If you use the Archos, you can log on.
    Then when you buy a download it is sent to the PC; very strange.
    Even so, the brick wall of the (non existant) customer support is worrying.
  4. Thumper-Ross

Thumper-Ross Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree - the customer support is the worst I have seen. I guess they are spending all their money on product development. I gave up on the customer support and just tried to work it out myself - hope nothing goes wrong with it....
  5. FrankS

FrankS Member

Ratings:
    +45
    I have an AV500 which i accidentally drop outside or warranty an the hard disc stopped working, I contacted them via the technical support on the web page and they sent me a number to ring. I rang the number and explained the HDD had stopped working, they gave me a RMA, collected it by courier and returned it repaired FOC.

So maybe I'm lucky but I didn't think the after sales support was too shabby:clap:.
  6. CETFLY

CETFLY Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey mate
    What was the phone number you were given?
    Ive posted a help needed ad on FixYA.com regarding all the problems with my AV500 which was basically 2 months from new. I really need it to be fixed. Im an electrician but its beyond what i can do as its electronic. Ive narrowed it down to being the charger/battery switch over.
    Long story, but ive tried ringing this number i was given 0207 949 0115 in the UK which just gave an engaged tone. Constantly. So im guessing the number isnt valid anymore. Im sick of not being able to listen to the music i want to and desperately want it to get fixed.

If you - or anyone out there- can help me out id really greatly appreciate it!

Sorry for jumpin your thread also :( Im new on these forums

Cheers

-CETFLY
  7. FrankS

FrankS Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Sorry, I've checked my e-mails from last June and it was the same phone number, I don't think I had much trouble getting through. Did you get this number after contacting them through their web site.
  8. martynthehat

martynthehat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an AV 400 SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING WOULDNT CHARGE AND JUST FLASHED ON FOR A FEW SECONDS WHEN START BUTTON PRESSED .

AFTER SOME INVESTIGATION FORUMS ADVISE ETC I EVENTUALLY FOUND THE UK ARCHOS RETURNS AND TECH HELP .

THERE FAIRLY USLESS ON CUSTOMER SERVICE ONLY GOT A REPLY TO MY UNITS PROBLEMS WHEN I CONTACTED THEM EVENTUALLY AFTER THEY SENT IT TO FRANCE FOR DIAGNOSIS THEN AFTER A MONTH OF MESSIN ME ABOUT I FINALLY GOT A QUOTE

ITS WAS FOR AN REPLACEMENT LED (why because that was fine ) A FUSE (fair enough )& INTERGRATED CIRQUIT (ok )
    well all of the above were quoted at 3 pounds and the labour 50 pounds

So i have the unit back anyone have any ideas on a uk repair or parts etcc
    United Kingdom
    Archos UK Ltd
    PO Box 1420
    Southhampton
    SO15 1WF
    UNITED KINGDOM

Fax: 02 380 83 92 59
    Email: uk-info@archos.com

If you need the uk dept :(
  9. 1T-M0nk3y

1T-M0nk3y Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yell.com gives the phone number for that UK office as: 0870 6091263

I doubt they will answer though and if they do I doubt they'll answer your question. I had a problem six months ago which I contacted them about via their web site, they sent me an e-mail which got deleted by my spam filter, I whitelisted them and asked them to resend it, six months and a couple of dozen attempted e-mails, contact forms etc later and they haven't even managed to resend an answer they had already sent once... doesn't bode well! :suicide:
  10. 1T-M0nk3y

1T-M0nk3y Member

Ratings:
    +1
    SayNoTo0870.com

Archos Technical Helpline
    0906 2132467 - 020 79490115
    Archos Technical Support
    0870 6091693 - 01264 366022
    Archos Returns Dept
    0870 6091693 - 023 80711779
    Fax: 023 80839259
  11. RGP Digital

RGP Digital Member

Ratings:
    +2
    best number is 020 79490115
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. robtek70

robtek70 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Archos have the worst Customer Support of any company I have dealt with. I've tried contacting Archos several times in the last couple years and have never managed to get a reply either on the phone or by e-mail. I have even e-mailed QVC UK when they were selling Archos product on TV saying how bad their Customer Support was. I asked them to pass my e-mail on to the Archos demonstrator and they said that they would, but even then Archos didn't bother to reply. I really like the look of their new Archos 5 & 7 but would not buy one because of the way they treat customers.
  13. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor Member

Ratings:
    +696
    The approach most informed people take is to buy Archos products from places that have good customer support policies rather than from Archos directly.

With an embedded device like this there isn't a lot that remote tech support can really do for you so it usually ends up as an RMA anyway if there is a significant problem.