Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to clean LG TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by spy1, Dec 29, 2008.

1. spy1

spy1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Help can any one let me know how do you keep clean the black suround and screen on an LG 42 6100. I have tried different methods to clean it but the black souround still shows marks and the screen still does not look great
    Please Help :lease:
  2. lebel

lebel Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I always swear by using a quality chamois, just remember to rinse and wring properly. It always removes all smudges etc and doesnt leave a smear
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. jimjim2012

jimjim2012 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    My manual says to damp a cloth in a washing detergent solution, wring dry and wipe.

Like Lebel, I've only used a chamois for my tvs. I've used the microfibre cloths but I find the dust still gets attracted - maybe leaves a charge behind.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Member 300569

Member 300569 Active Member

Ratings:
    +634
    My dad always swears by a chamois too. :)
  5. fruitfly

fruitfly Member

Ratings:
    +146
  6. sebbelcher

sebbelcher Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I've noticed the LG7000 seems to attract dust more than anything else I own, must be due to either electromagnetic charge from the components or static from the plastic surround. After just a day from cleaning my set has visible dust collection on the plastic surround, though on the plus side, this does seem to stop it from going on the actual screen. The best way to avoid fingerprints I've found is to not touch the screen!

The 7000 came with a microfibre cloth, I use that about once per day on the surround, and once a week on the screen.

Also, has anyone else noticed that dust collects in weird patterns on the back of their TVs?