1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much is this worth ?......a damaged parasound A23

Discussion in 'Audio Processors & Power Amps' started by Rich, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Rich

Rich Member

Ratings:
    +128
    I've received a parasound A23 off ebay.
    The amp wasn't packed very well and the front corners of the front fascia got damaged. It still works fine ......its not very pretty to look at.

The seller has offered a partial refund ......rather than send it back.

So does anyone know how much its worth?

I'll put some photos of the damage on here later after work.

A bit gutted really......its a great sounding amp :-(
  2. Rich

Rich Member

Ratings:
    +128
    Pics of the damage.

Attached Files:

3. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Active Member

Ratings:
    +257
    My guess is 50% of whatever you paid for it. If it were on Ebay with that amount of damage, I doubt it would achieve a good price at all, especially not for a premium brand like Parasound.

A real shame that it wasn't packaged properly. It looks like it's taken quite a whack as well, are you sure it is fully functional? I'd be very wary of keeping it at all.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Steve Zodiac

Steve Zodiac Member

Ratings:
    +171
    Throw the ball back into the seller's court and ask him how much he is willing to refund as opposed to you sending the amp back.

Meanwhile, you could price up the bits required to make it look good again; you could end up being quids-in.

However, my main concern would be internal damage, such as a cracked circuit board or loose components due to impact shock. It may work fine now, but could potentially play up later on...
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  5. Rich

Rich Member

Ratings:
    +128
    The amp is in fine working condition. The front (plastic) fascia sticks out about 1cm from the rest of the amp at the sides, as soon as the box it arrived in was turned on its side, it meant the the weight of the amp was just on these....causing them to break. The box was quite substantial really, it's just the fascia sides couldn't take the weight.
    The seller has offered a partial refund I'll have to either sell it or send it back, I've bought another amp now, I'm just a bit wary about sending the item back, just in case I get stung by him.

I'd have to sell it for £250 to get my money back in full.......maybe a bargain if your hifi is stored away out of sight.