Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how much for a 2nd sky hd box?

Discussion in 'Sky Forum' started by alib55, Mar 2, 2009.

1. alib55

alib55 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had sky hd installed two years ago and have been pleased with it, i have sky hd with multiroom and full £47 sub for tv pakages . Although i have recently cancelled the £10 hd sub a month, I wanted to take up this £49 offer for a second box.

I registered for it on the 12/02/09 and have 3-6 weeks left for install. when i registered over the phone i was told it would cost me £49 plus £30 for install. and i have called sky back several times since then to check on order updates and each time i was told the same price (i told each and every advisor i spoke to i already have a hd box) by many different advisors.

today they tell me i must pay £199 for it plus £60 install and got this confirmed by a manager.
    i was very surprised as i was mislead by many advisors before. i acnt see this anywhere in their t&c s for the offer.

can someone clarify this for me who may be in the same boat?

how much do existing sky hd customers pay for a second box?
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  2. planetse

planetse Member

Ratings:
    +130
    Hi there :) You all ready have Sky HD so you're not legible for the £49 box and £30 installation deal; sorry.

Please read the Terms and Conditions in the bold type

“Sky+HD: Sky Movies/Sports HD channels depend on your Sky TV package. Sky+HD box £49 when you take the HD Pack and Sky TV and existing customers sign up to another 12 month minimum term for Sky TV. One £49 box per household and not available if you already have SkyHD/Sky+HD box. Sky+HD box price £199 for customers not eligible for £49 box price (Sky TV and HD Pack subscriptions required). HD ready TV required."

"Set up: Standard set-up for £49 Sky+HD box is free for new customers and £30 for existing (free if taken with Multiroom). Standard set-up for £99 Sky+ box is £30 for new customers or £60 for existing (£30 if taken with Multiroom). Standard set-up for a free Sky+ box is free for new customers joining Sky TV through packages.sky.com and taking Sky Sports and/or Sky Movies. Standard set-up for a Sky box is £60 for new and existing customers. Standard set-up £117.45 without Sky TV. Non-standard set-up may cost extra. Sky Broadband set-up fees for existing Sky TV customers £60 for Base, £30 for Mid & Connect or free for Max."

Only £30 if your legible for the £49 box offer. Again sorry your not.

All in the small print. :oops:

Sky+HD - Experience Sky+ In High Definition With a Sky+HD Box
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  3. satmanbasil

satmanbasil Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi mate

I think sky need to make this more clear to exsisting subs... i signed up online and placed my order it knew i was a sky subscriber but still gave me the box at a cost of £49 + hd subs and multiroom and package.

The way i read this was that as long as ur "out of contract" 12 months from purchasing your last box then you should be considered as a new customer, then entitles one to take the £49.00 offer and a new 12 month contract.
    Come on sky if people want a second box for multiroom why are u turning away customers.... the ones who really want the service and dont gripe about it.

regards
    satmanbasil
  4. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,099
    If you signed up online you did not bother to read the Ts & Cs there then - there is absolutely nothing in any fo Sky's printed/online Ts & Cs about being considered a new customer after your 12 month contract. You are usually only considered a new customer if you have had no Sky contract/subscription for 12 months - you had presumably only cancelled your HD sub and not your total subscription. You have had one bite of the "HD subsidy" with your first box - how many do you want.
  5. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,487
    What did they tell you they were going to do with all the staff who fed you the wildly false information?
  6. satmanbasil

satmanbasil Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi m8

quote:
    If you signed up online you did not bother to read the Ts & Cs there then - there is absolutely nothing in any fo Sky's printed/online Ts & Cs about being considered a new customer after your 12 month contract. You are usually only considered a new customer if you have had no Sky contract/subscription for 12 months - you had presumably only cancelled your HD sub and not your total subscription. You have had one bite of the "HD subsidy" with your first box - how many do you want

Seeing im paying for full subs + multi room + HD Subs another 1 or 2 would be nice lmao

regards
    satmanbasil
  7. alib55

alib55 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    nothing will probably be done about the staff that will help me- thats for sure.

sorry guys but most of you are missing the point.

if i was told that the box would be £199 for me at the start then thats fine, i can accept that.

but i went through several telephone calls were i was told i can have the £49 offer and have been registered for the product for 3 weeks to do so. i had been mislead completely by several departments before 02/03/09. surely sky should know their own t&c.

and on another note if i was to be buying hd box at full price with full installation cost i would expect to be given installation far sooner than 3 months.

i have been told by cs to write in to complain and they may be able to help me so i will report back on that.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  8. alib55

alib55 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    great news.

last week sky called me saying my 2nd hd box was ready for £199 so i did not order due to price.

today they call me saying they will give it me for £49 as i sent in an email regarding the issue. getting it installed on sunday :thumbsup:
  9. MrFreakSir

MrFreakSir Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    But im assuming you have to pay another HD subscription on the 2nd box, so that an extra £20 a month between the two boxes???
  10. alib55

alib55 Member

Ratings:
    +1

yes you would have to pay x2 hd subs

but i have had my 1st hd box for 2 years so i just cancelled the sub on that and will just have the 2nd hd box with hd in my home theater room. im not to bothered about having both boxes in hd - more about the extra hdd space.

plus im sure somewhere down the line sky will only charge 1 hd sub for multiroom, so i will get it on both boxes then