1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many Gb/recording hours with this Sky+ box?

Discussion in 'Sky, Sky+, Sky HD & Sky 3D' started by Mortal Wombat, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Mortal Wombat

Mortal Wombat Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My mum asked me to sell her old Sky+ box on eBay... trouble is, she can't remember how many hours/how large the HDD is in the box :rolleyes:. It is a Pace BSKYB 3100 model box (quite recent). I know it has more than my Sky+ box in terms of recording space on the HDD, (mine only has 20 hours).
    Do any of you clever folks know how many hours she could get on this model PVR?

Thanks in advance,

MW

p.s. it has the original HDD in by the way!

Ignore this post.... why on earth didn't I google this before posting.... duh!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  2. pcbbc

pcbbc Member

Ratings:
    +87
    A Pace BSKYB 3100 still only has 40GB (20 hours) of recording space and is quite an old box now, being of the second generation.
    However, some of this model have been refub'ed and reconfigured by Sky and now come with new 160GB drives (80 hours).

You can tell which you have form the version number in system details or on the bottom of the box:
    9F21 = 40GB PVR2
    9F23 = Refurbished 160GB PVR2

So it would appear yours has been back for a refurb at some point, so it's an 80 hour model. The NDS sticker on the back says 9F23xx.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Mortal Wombat

Mortal Wombat Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Many thanks for that info... mt Google search indicated an 80 Gb drive (40 hours) so this is a bonus! (Might have to bump the price up on eBay!!!).

Thanks very much for your response!

MW
  4. zappo

zappo Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Might not be the best time to sell as Sky is giving them away free until 17th december.

Expect £40 at least and start it at £1 with no reserve, it will get all the bids on the last day. Have a look att he completed listings to see what you can expect.