How many consoles you got kicking around?

Just shows how disappointed I was with the Saturn, in my post above I completely forgot that Sega came out with the Dreamcast after that! I didn't own that one as I had learnt my lesson by then.

The PS1 destroyed the Saturn and the PS2 destroyed the Dreamcast.

Just shows how disappointed I was with the Saturn, in my post above I completely forgot that Sega came out with the Dreamcast after that! I didn't own that one as I had learnt my lesson by then.

The PS1 destroyed the Saturn and the PS2 destroyed the Dreamcast.
The Saturn was actually great, it had some brilliant titles released on import in particular

My first was a 'Pong' Console bought for my brother and I back when we were kids.
We then had one of those Nintendo Popeye Game & Watch handhelds.
The first console I actually purchased was a pal SNES and I got the snazzy adapter that allowed me to play the American NTSC cartridges. Actually sold a bike I saved up for to buy that SNES, my parents were not best pleased!
Next came the PS1, XBOX, PS2, XBOX 360 and lastly XBOX X.
Will get a XBXSX as and when they're easier to buy, once out of lockdown, and I have my new 2021 OLED.

Was tidying up a few things today and was putting a couple of the older consoles away in storage (in the house) and this got me thinking. How many of you suffer the same affliction I have, I simply cannot get rid of my old consoles? Most are safely boxed up and stored away in the house, to-date I have:

Nintendo
N64
Gamecube
Wii
Switch
Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
DS (several versions including the original)
3DS

Microsoft
XBOX
XBOX 360
XBOX One S
XBOX Series X

Sony
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Playstation 4
PSP
PSP Go
Vita

Sega
Dreamcast

I've got

Sega:
Master System 2
3 Mega-drives (2 original, 1 Mega Drive 2),
2 Mega-cds (original and mega-cd 2)
32x
Saturn
Dreamcast

Nintendo
NES
SNES
N64
2 Game Cubes (1 japanese, 1 uk)
Wii
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Colour
DS
DS Lite

Sony
PS2
PS3
2 PS4
PS4 Pro
PS5
PSP
PSP Vita

Microsoft
4 Xbox
2 Xbox 360 (Had 4 but 1 RROD and the other I gave away)
4 Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drives
Xbox One X

Oculus Quest (it's sort of a console?)

My biggest regret was I saw a Virtual Boy in a cash converters years ago and never bought it. Also I had a Panasonic Q which was stolen when I shipped my life back after a year in Canada and they re-packed all my boxes (then denied doing it) and a bag of my consoles and games mysteriously vanished.

I wish I had hoarded my old consoles, but sometimes the idea is better than the reality. I still have a soft spot for the first version of the PS1 (my first ever home console) though. I currently only have a PS4 under the telly now.

The same with emulation - the idea is great but it’s just something else to have to tinker with - there’s not the magic or convenience of sticking a disc or cartridge into a system and away you go.

I've tended to offload most of my old games systems. The only old ones I have decided to keep are:

Xbox original (crystal)
Amiga 1200
Atari 2600
Nintendo Game & Watch - Donkey Kong (multiscreen)
Nintendo Game & Watch - Mario Bros (multiscreen)

I do love the old consoles:

Sega
Master System 2
Megadrive 1
Megadrive 2
Mega CD 2
Saturn
Dreamcast
Game Gear x 2 although 1 you can barely see anything on the screen now.

Nintendo
NES
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Wii
WiiU (I know)
Switch
Gameboy
Gameboy Advanced
DS
DS lite
3DS
2DS x2
NES Mini
SNES mini

Playstation
PS1
PS2
PS3
PS4
PSP (Japanese version)
VITA
PS Classic

Microsoft
XBOX x2 (Still not sure why i have 2)
XBOX 360 S
XBOX One S

Donkey Kong multiscreen unit
Cliffhanger Multiscreen unit

Still on the look out for for Atari Lynx/Jaguar/2600/7800, Sega 32X and maybe a PSVR unit.

As a kid always wanted the NEO GEO, back then I never understood why the games cost so much though.

I just sold my Wii and Wii fit board but still have a Mega drive and 6 games,
We now have 2 gaming PCs & vive systems so I don't have to interrupt my son to play beat saber .
A colleague was selling his cheap and I've saved so much from all my hobbies being cancelled.

Son has a Nintendo DS, A switch and a PS4 too

I'm in the midst of converting the cellar into a cinema. When that's done, the Megadrive, N64, GameCube and PS3
will come out of their boxes and sit next to the PS4 Pro.

I've still got a Vita and there are various GBA and DSs in the kids rooms.

The only console I've traded in is a PSP. I did give a PS2 to a friend's kid ages ago. I don't miss either.

I only have these now:

PlayStation 3 (original, faulty)
PlayStation 3 Slim
PlayStation 4
PlayStation 5

I do wish I'd kept my PS2 and other consoles I've had in the past though (PS1, Xbox 360, Wii, PS Vita).
I've since decided I'm hanging on to my consoles from now on. I can't see my PS4 ever getting used again, but there's just something about consoles that make me want to hold on to them.

I usually trade up my consoles, atm I have:

PS5
Series X
Switch
and a PS1 slim (stuck in a draw somewhere).

We have a Switch as well and it's great for family-friendly local multiplayer. It's the only device that gets any play time at the moment aside from phones and iPad.

I've also owned a Wii, an Xbox 360 and an original Xbox. I still have each of these but the 360 is dead and I should probably get off my lazy backside and take it to the local recycling centre.

Every one of these devices speaks to a different time and place in my life. When I bought the Xboxes and the Wii I was still in my twenties, single, and spent a decent amount of time playing CoD or Halo with my mates online. Those days are long gone...

I dug out my old playstation 1 put in my favourite game Crash Bandicoot which i had not played for about 15 years found out I am now rubbish at it I could not get pass Level 1
My only excuse is my age I am now 81 so thats going back in to the loft

I dug out my old playstation 1 put in my favourite game Crash Bandicoot which i had not played for about 15 years found out I am now rubbish at it I could not get pass Level 1
My only excuse is my age I am now 81 so thats going back in to the loft
81 😳, how did you ever get it out of the loft.

I currently have the following boxed up
  • Nintendo WII
  • Neo Geo X
Also, currently have
  • Microsoft X-BOX 360 250HDD
  • Microsoft X-Box One 2 with 4K Blu-Ray drive
In addition have three Raspbery PIs (2x Raspberry 3B for retro-gaming) and a Raspberry Pi 4 4GB which i get out from time to time

Owned loads over the years from Neo geo to Amiga CD32 yet today ive not too many..

Playstation 2
Playstation 5
Vita

Gamecube
Wii U
Switch
Snes Mini

Xbox one
Xbox series S

( Also have a Amiga 500+ ( i think it is ) Commodore 64 and Amstrad CPC464 with green screen )

No one have an atari 2600 ?
I still do in my moms loft ! The old black one with wooden trim.Complete with pacman, space invaders, the Infamous E.T., Night driver, combat, haunted house joysticks, paddles and more !
I think I might have a master system II but not sure if it got binned.
Also have I think 2x zx81's and my old atari STE should be there.

My sister has a sega saturn and a few games.

Not sure exactly how many I have kicking around as I've sold off quite a few down the years, but probably around ten or more. All of them are boxed collectables like my Vectrex, US/JAP SNES', PC-Engine's (pretty much every version), MD, Jag, DC, Saturn, GC etc. They don't see the light of day and have been stored for years along with my collectable games. I've been a gamer since the dawn and remember my mum and dad buying a Pong machine back in the late '70s. After that, we had pretty much everything including a Grandstand, an Atari 2600, an Intellivision, a Videopac (who remembers that?), and all the computers since - ZX80/81, Speccy, C64, ST, Amiga and PC. I do wish I'd have kept some of those, but back then, I never really thought about collecting and only started to collect when I got my Jap SNES back in 1991 (30 years ago... wow, time flies!). The plan is to flog them all when I retire, but I know I won't. I'm too attached to my stuff and will no doubt hang onto them like a proper hoarder.

I only started with dreamcast (which died 2 years ago) & not really a Microsoft fan!

Sony
Ps2 slim with screen
PS3 slim
Ps4
Psp2000
PSvita oled
PSvita slim (too mod possibly)
PSTV

Nintendo
Gbasp
Ds (free. Nephews old one to fix)
DSi LL(Japanese xl that is mint & cost just £5!)
2ds (to try homebrew on)
New 3dsxl animal crossing edition
Game cube with screen
Wii with soft od & 500gb hdd
Switch

Others

Xbox original with modchip (traded for a knackered dreamcast)
Pocketgo (need to get rid as not used)
RG351P (only got recently. Still working it out)
Raspberry pi 3 in a nespi case
Pandora box 5 2 player arcade stick. Plan to mod & put a raspberry pi inside
Arcade1up mortal kombat machine
Arcade1up pacman wallcade

Last edited:
N64
PS2
PS4
Wii U
Switch
Xbox One Series X

I'm glad the new Xbox is backwards compatible, so I didn't need to keep my old one. The one console I regret getting rid of, is my Gamecube, with all the games I had for it.

Hmmm let’s see....

Attached to one tele I’ve got PS5, Series X, PS4 Pro and Wii U. Tele in the lounge has Switch hooked up. Also kicking around the lounge are a One X and PS3. There’s a 3DSXL in its dock in my bedside table. Go a few floors higher and my One S lives up there, niece uses it for Fortnite. I’ve also got a PS4 that I let my mate use.

I have 2 ps5s one in use.
2 x box series one in use
dining room one x
Daughters room PS4 pro

Have recently cut right down on the amount of consoles I owned but currently have a Xbox One X and a NEC PC Engine

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom