1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does Sonos work?

Discussion in 'Streamers & Network Music Players' started by testdasi, Dec 2, 2012.

1. testdasi

testdasi Member

Ratings:
    +22
    It seems Sonos is all the rage these days. How do they work? I mean how do I set them up in my house? Do I need a computer to be on all the time? I just don't quite understand. :lease:
  2. whitestar96

whitestar96 Member

Ratings:
    +41
    You need either a Sonos Play 3 or Play 5 & a Sonos Bridge to start with, you can then access internet radio or streaming services like Napster. If you have music soured on your PC or Mac or have a NAS drive you can stream the music from them to your Sonos.

Hope this helps.
  3. amcluesent

amcluesent Moderator

Ratings:
    +816
  4. mty

mty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a WD MyBook World Edition attached to my network, will the Songs stream the music seamlessly or will their be buffering.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  5. rorton

rorton Member

Ratings:
    +30
    should be quite seamless. this is what they are designed to do. Either store the songs on your computer or your NAS, tell the sonos where your songs are stored so it indexes them, and away you go.

One of the sonos components needs to be connected to your network, or use the sonos bridge to make the link from your network to the sonos.
  6. mty

mty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Rorton