Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get a Windows7 PC to recognise .ext3 Humax hard drive?

Discussion in 'PVRs' started by roger17x, Dec 3, 2011.

1. roger17x

roger17x Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

I've upgraded my Foxsat HDR 320GB hard drive with a new Seagate Pipeline1TB hd. The removed Humax factory fitted 320gb hd now sits in a drop in caddy.

I would now like to edit the contents stored on the 320Gb hd but when trying to connect the usb caddy with 320GB hard drive to my Windows7 pc the hard drive is seen in the connected 'Devices and Printers' window but the actual hard drive is not visible, selecting properties on the disk drive displays 'ST332031 1CS USB Device'.

I used to edit recorded video off the Humax prior to the hard drive upgrade by transfering it to a FAT32 formatted USB stick and editing on the PC using 'VideoReDo' very easily.

I presume the reason the Humax hard drive is not recognised by my pc is because it is formatted to .ext3. Is there any way you can get a Windows7 pc to recognise an .ext3 formatted hard drive? Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. brookheather

brookheather Active Member

Ratings:
    +889
  3. roger17x

roger17x Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks brookheather for the Ext2 links, will try them out.

(Ext3 ...where did I get that from!)
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,099
    The FS used on the Foxsat is EXT3 (EXT2 doesn't work). Despite it's name EXT2FS works with EXT3 as well.