Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you convert and burn an MKV to Blu-Ray disc?

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by cwse07004, Dec 13, 2011.

1. cwse07004

cwse07004 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have only recently bought a BD-RW drive but as of yet have not actually burned any movies to a Blu-Ray disc. I was able to do everything with DVD discs, such as authoring with VOBs and burning images etc but I am at a loss of what to do with a MKV file. I have PowerProducer software that I got with my drive but it will only allow the input of VOB files and a couple of other formats but I'm not sure what to use to convert the MKV. I also don't want to lose any quality from the file when converting.

Really hope someone can help as have trawled so many threads and posts lookign for an answer but have yet to get anything to work.

Thanks for reading.
  2. Sartios

Sartios New Member

Ratings:
    +228
    tsMuxer

tsMuxeR 1.10.6 - VideoHelp.com Downloads

It will let you mux your mkvs to blu-ray disc format, you can then use IMGBURN to burn it.

Look into BD Rebuilder as well, this amazing tool will let you rip a full 50gb blu ray to fit on a 25gb disc, you have options to keep the titles etc or just back up the movie.

I use both and would be lost without them.
  3. cwse07004

cwse07004 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for your help with this