1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW DO I WIRE MY MONITOR AUDIO R852/MDs

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by REDBANKUK, Sep 26, 2009.

1. REDBANKUK

REDBANKUK Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The thumbnail shows my Monitor Audio R852/MD with the four posts wired in pairs.

I am not sure if this means they are bi-wired - I am no expert :confused:

:lease:would you tell me how to connect my new Marantz M-CR502 wired in a regular fashion and bi-wired ?

This link gives full details of my new Marantz M-CR502:Marantz Europe

Attached Files:

2. PSM1

PSM1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,911
    As shown they are not bi wired as this would mean you should have 2 wires from the amp to the speakers. However since you have bridged the inputs on the speaker with speaker cable you have a similar effect imho.
    Bi wiring imho is not worth the hassle. But your amp will do bi amping which I think is worth while. This means using separate outputs from the amp to the 2 separate inputs on the speaker.
    To single wire connect the speakers take a single pair of speaker cables and connect them to the correct output on the amp and then connect to one pair of + and - connections on the speakers. Make sure you leave the jumper connection you already have on the speakers connected.
    To bi amp the speakers you need to remove the wires on the speakers then look in the amp manual. There will be one set of outputs for the LF and one set for the HF. Connect a pair of peaker cables from the correct amp outputs to the correct speaker inputs. This means you will have 2 speaker cables going from the amp to each speaker but from different speaker outputs.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. REDBANKUK

REDBANKUK Member

Ratings:
    +1
    :thumbsup: Thanks for replying.

:mad: Exam time has prevented me from unpacking the Marantz - should be doing that tomorrow and will check the manual about the bi-wiring and follow your advice.