1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I use my HD TV as a PC Screen?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by pac1982, Mar 5, 2009.

1. pac1982

pac1982 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchased this TV Technika 26" HD Ready LCD TV with built-in Freeview LCD26-209 - Tesco.Direct Originally I only purchased it to use with my Xbox but I have recently been given a PC for free and would like to link it to my TV so I can watch things like BBCi player etc.
    I have got it working using the svideo cable plugged in to the output on the back of my pc which leads to a composite adapter which in turn plugs in to the back of my TV.
    My problem is that although I can get a picture the text is very blurry and almost unreadable however pictures seem to appear fine.
    I have tried messing around with the resolution and also played around with the software for my graphics card but cant seem to solve the problem.
    I know one way to solve it would be to buy a new graphics card with HDMI outputs but was wondering if there was a cheaper way to do things or perhaps I’m doing something wrong
  2. OneMoreSolo

OneMoreSolo Member

Ratings:
    +39
    Does the TV have a VGA input? That would be the easiest way, as most computers will have that connection on the back which would make hooking it up very easy.

The resolution of the TV is 1366x768 so you'll need to set your graphics card to the resolution closest to that for the clearest picture.

Also what outputs does your PC have? If it has a DVI you can buy a DVI-HDMI cable, they're not particularly expensive.

Tom